Parking for Disabled Persons - Maps, Directions, Parking & Transportation
Parking Permit Fee Changes
- $23 Summer Semester Parking Permit (effective Summer 2015 Term)
- $40 Fall/Spring Semester Parking Permit (effective Fall 2015 Semester)
- $20 Summer/Fall/Spring Semester Parking Permit for BOG Waivers (effective Summer 2015 Term)
- $4 Daily Parking Permit (effective August 15, 2015)
Go to Campus Construction and Impacts for information about construction impacts.
- Summer 2015 classes will be held only at the Newark campus and online
- Services for students during Summer 2015 will be available only at the Newark campus
- Fremont campus Lot P will be closed from May 14 through mid-June 2015 for completion of the South Parking Structure
- Fremont campus Lot K will be closed as of May 23 for Athletics Fields construction
- Fremont campus AC Transit bus service discontinued from May 25 through August 23
Students, visitors, and staff must display a valid Disabled Persons Placard, License Plate, or Permit and a valid Parking Permit to park on an Ohlone College campus.
Disabled Persons Placards, License Plates, or Permits
Only vehicles displaying a valid Disabled Person Placard, Disabled Person License Plate, or Disabled Veteran License Plate and a valid Parking Permit may park in any disabled parking or non-disabled parking space in any parking lot on the Fremont or Newark campuses.
In addition, persons displaying a Disabled Parking Permit obtained from Ohlone College's Disabled Students Programs Services (DSPS) and a valid Parking Permit may park in spaces reserved for the disabled. Ohlone College-issued disabled parking permits are available in the DSPS Office.
Disabled Parking at Fremont Campus
The locations of parking spaces designed for disabled parking are indicated with a star on the Ohlone College Fremont Campus Map. These parking spaces are marked with the standard blue painted Disabled Insignia.
With a valid Parking Permit and a valid Disabled Persons Placard, License Plate, or Permit, a student, visitor, or staff member may park in one parking space in:
- spaces marked for disabled parking in Parking Lots A, B (north side of Hyman Hall), H, K, P, Q (restricted), U, W
- Parking Lots R and T
Disabled students and visitors are permitted to park in a disabled parking space in the Staff Parking Lots with the appropriate and valid Parking Permit and a valid Disabled Persons Placard, or License Plate, or Permit.
Staff Parking Lot Q next to Building 27 (restricted)
Parking Lot Q on the north, east, and south sides of Building 27 is restricted to Ohlone College President's Office, Academic Affairs Office, and Research Office employees and their visitors.
Vehicles parked in Parking Lot Q without a valid Building 27 Guest or Temporary Parking Permit will be cited and citations will not be dismissed.
Disabled Parking at Newark Campus
The locations of parking spaces designed for disabled parking are indicated with a star on the Ohlone College Newark Campus Map. These parking spaces are marked with the standard blue painted Disabled Insignia.
- spaces marked for disabled parking in Parking Lots B, C, or D
Regulations for disabled parking spaces are enforced 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. No exceptions.
Students, visitors, and staff may not park, stop, leave vehicle standing (even if occupied), or block access to any disabled, handicap or wheelchair access (zebra lines) parking space.
Vehicles parked in disabled parking spaces without a valid Disabled Person Placard, Disabled Person/Veteran License Plate, or Ohlone College-issued disabled parking permit will be issued a parking citation by Campus Police Services. Parking in a disabled parking space without a valid disabled placard, disabled permit, or disabled license plate is a minimum fine of $275.
Parking regulations are enforced by Ohlone College Campus Police Services / Safety and Security (CPS). Questions or concerns about parking at Ohlone College should be directed to CPS at (510) 659-6111 (Fremont) or (510) 742-2311 (Newark).