Parking Regulations and Enforcement - Maps, Directions, Parking & Transportation
There is no free parking at any of the Ohlone Community College District campuses, except as noted in Parking Hours.
Additional Parking Rules
- Vehicles must be parked in marked stalls only, not on roadways, paths, etc.
- Motorcycles must be parked in the reserved motorcycle area in Lot W on the Fremont campus and in Lots B and C on the Newark campus. Motorcycles and bicycles are prohibited on campus walkways and in buildings.
- Hourly Permit Parking: Lot P has nineteen hourly parking permit stalls (2 hours maximum). An hourly parking permit is required to park in these stalls and can be purchased at the permit machine in Lot P. All other permits are not valid in these stalls.
- Vehicles parked in permit only zones without the necessary permit are subject to citation or storage (towing).
- Yellow loading zones are for use by vendors and staff who must deliver bulky items. These zones are restricted to 15 minute parking.
- Government vehicles (emergency vehicles) engaged in required duties may park in all areas except fire lanes, and disabled lots.
- The use of skateboards and similar devices are prohibited on both the Fremont and Newark campuses.
- Driving is permitted on paved roads only.
- The Fremont and Newark campuses are closed from 11:00pm-6:00am.
All California Vehicle Code Laws apply on the Ohlone College campuses, along with the following rules set by the Ohlone Community College Board of Trustees:
- The maximum speed limit is 25 m.p.h. on roadways and 15 m.p.h. in parking lots. The maximum speed limit is 5 m.p.h. in the South Parking Structure.
- All traffic collisions must be reported to Campus Police.
- Current registration, driver’s license, and proof of insurance are required of all vehicle operators on both campuses.
- No privately owned vehicles shall be washed, repaired, or stored on College property.
- Alcoholic beverages and prohibited drugs and narcotics are not permitted on both campuses.
- Suspicious persons, incidents, or thefts should be reported directly to Campus Safety and Security at extension 6111 on either campus or at (510) 659-6111 if using a non-campus phone. To report directly to the Newark campus, use extension 2311 on campus or (510) 742-2311 if using a non- campus phone.
If a parking vending machine is broken, Campus Police Services should be notified immediately at (510) 659-6111 in order for the broken machine to be repaired.
On the Fremont campus vehicles are not allowed in bus zones. Drivers may park in Key B to drop off or pick up passengers, as long as the driver does not leave the vehicle unattended.
Parking regulations are enforced by Ohlone College Campus Police Services / Safety and Security (CPS). Questions or concerns about parking at Ohlone College should be directed to CPS at (510) 659-6111.