Parking Regulations and Enforcement - Maps, Directions, Parking & Transportation
All other parking rules, such as disabled, staff, Emergency and Fire lane, visitor/guest parking, and other special or specifically designated parking is enforced 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
Additional Parking Rules
- Vehicles must be parked in marked stalls only, not on roadways, paths, etc.
- Motorcycles must be parked in the reserved motorcycle area in Lot W on the Fremont campus and in Lots B and C on the Newark campus. Motorcycles and bicycles are prohibited on campus walkways and in buildings.
- Vehicles parked in permit only zones without the necessary permit are subject to citation or storage (towing).
- Yellow loading zones are for use by vendors and staff who must deliver bulky items. These zones are restricted to 15 minute parking.
- Government vehicles (emergency vehicles) engaged in required duties may park in all areas except fire lanes, and disabled lots.
- The use of skateboards and similar devices are prohibited on both the Fremont and Newark campuses.
- Driving is permitted on paved roads only.
- The Fremont and Newark campuses are closed from 11:00pm-6:00am.
All California Vehicle Code Laws apply on the Ohlone College campuses, along with the following rules set by the Ohlone Community College Board of Trustees:
- The maximum speed limit is 25 m.p.h. on roadways and 15 m.p.h. in parking lots. The maximum speed limit is 5 m.p.h. in the South Parking Structure.
- All traffic collisions must be reported to Campus Police.
- Current registration, driver’s license, and proof of insurance are required of all vehicle operators on both campuses.
- No privately owned vehicles shall be washed, repaired, or stored on College property.
- Alcoholic beverages and prohibited drugs and narcotics are not permitted on both campuses.
- Suspicious persons, incidents, or thefts should be reported directly to Campus Safety and Security at extension 6111 on either campus or at (510) 659-6111 if using a non-campus phone. To report directly to the Newark campus, use extension 2311 on campus or (510) 742-2311 if using a non- campus phone.
If a parking vending machine is broken, Campus Police Services should be notified immediately at (510) 659-6111 in order for the broken machine to be repaired.
On the Fremont campus vehicles are not allowed in bus zones. Drivers may park in Key B to drop off or pick up passengers, as long as the driver does not leave the vehicle unattended.
Parking regulations are enforced by Ohlone College Campus Police Services / Safety and Security (CPS). Questions or concerns about parking at Ohlone College should be directed to CPS at (510) 659-6111.