Parking Regulations and Enforcement - Maps, Directions, Parking & Transportation
All other parking rules, such as disabled, staff, Emergency and Fire lane, visitor/guest parking, and other special or specifically designated parking is enforced 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
Additional Parking Rules
- Vehicles must be parked in marked stalls only, not on roadways, paths, etc.
- Vehicles must be parked front bumper to front bumper. Do not back into parking stalls.
- Motorcyles must be parked in the reserved motorcycle area in Lot W on the Fremont campus and in Lots B and C on the Newark campus. Motorcycles and bicycles are prohibited on campus walkways and in buildings.
- Vehicles parked in permit only zones without the necessary permit are subject to citation or storage (towing).
- Yellow loading zones are for use by vendors and staff who must deliver bulky items. These zones are restricted to 15 minute parking.
- Government vehicles engaged in required duties may park in all areas except fire lanes and disabled lots.
- The use of skateboards and similar devices are prohibited on both the Fremont and Newark campuses.
- Driving is permitted on paved roads only.
All California Vehicle Code Laws apply on the Ohlone College campuses, along with the following rules set by the Ohlone Community College Board of Trustees:
- The maximum speed limit is 25 miles per hour (mph) on roadways and 15 mph in parking lots.
- All traffic collisions must be reported.
- Current registration, driver's license, and proof of insurance are required of all vehicle operators on both campuses.
- No privately owned vehicles shall be washed, repaired or stored on College property.
- Alcoholic beverages and prohibited drugs and narcotics are not permitted on both campuses.
- Suspicious persons, incidents, or thefts should be reported directly to Campus Safety and Security at extension 6111 on either campus or at (510) 659-6111 if using a non-campus phone. To report directly to the Newark campus, use extension 2311 on campus or (510) 742-2311 if using a non-campus phone.
If a parking vending machine is broken, Campus Police Services should be notified immediately at (510) 659-6111 in order for the broken machine to be repaired.
On the Fremont campus vehicles are not allowed in bus zones. Drivers may park in Key B to drop off or pick up passengers, as long as the driver does not leave the vehicle unattended.
Parking regulations are enforced by Ohlone College Campus Police Services / Safety and Security (CPS). Questions or concerns about parking at Ohlone College should be directed to CPS at (510) 659-6111.