Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - Maps, Directions, Parking & Transportation
Two types of Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations are located on the Fremont and Newark campuses. Please note the regulations for use below.
Regulations for Use of EV Chargers
South Parking Structure Only
There are 10 charging stations located on level 2 of the South Parking Structure on the Fremont campus for your convenience.
- A valid parking permit and an EV charging permit are required to park at these EV charging stations.
- Both the parking permit and the EV charging permit must be displayed face up on the dash/hanging from the rear view mirror of the vehicle and visible from the outside of the vehicle to avoid citation.
- EV charging permits are available for purchase at the permit machine located on every level of the South Parking Structure near the elevator. The cost for the EV permit is $3.00 and is valid for a maximum of 4 hours. This is a one-time use permit. There are no monthly or semester EV permits available.
- Vehicles must be moved away from the charging station at the end of the 4 hour time frame. Violators will be cited and are subject to being towed.
- Non-electric vehicles may not park at the EV charging stations. Violators will be cited and are subject to being towed.
Blink Charging Stations Only
Blink charging stations are located at the Fremont and Newark campuses (see Locations).
- The EV charging stations at Ohlone College are open to the general public when the campuses are open and anyone can use them.
- Electric vehicles may park in the charging stations only while the vehicle is being charged. Vehicles must be moved away from the charging stations when charging is complete. Violators will be cited and are subject to being towed.
- An Ohlone College parking permit is not needed to park at a Blink charging station while a vehicle is being charged. An Ohlone College parking permit is required to park anywhere else at Ohlone College. Violators will be cited.
- Non-electric and hybrid vehicles may not park at the charging stations. Violators will be cited and are subject to being towed.
The EV charging stations are on the Blink Network by Car Charging Group, Inc. (CarCharging), a pioneer in nationwide public electric vehicle (EV) charging services, enabling EV drivers to easily recharge at locations throughout the United States.
Blink is an electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure and product line owned by CarCharging. Blink refers to the branded EV charging stations, software, and online service components that make up a rich charging infrastructure known as the Blink Network.
Please refer to the Blink Network website for information about charging rates and membership in the Blink Network. If you are not a member of the Blink Network, you may be able to charge your vehicle as a Blink Guest (information on the Blink Network website).
Learn about the Blink Level 2 (240 volt AC input) charger and Blink DC Fast Charger (480 volt 3-Phase AC input). The chargers are part of the Blink Network, and the College does not maintain or operate them.
The charging stations are available when the Ohlone Fremont and Newark Center campuses are open:
- Open daily 6:00am - 11:00pm
- Closed daily 11:00pm - 6:00am
The charging stations are not available when the campuses are closed.
|Location*||Type of Charger||Number of Chargers|
|Lot A||Level 2 (240 volt AC input)||5|
|Lot A||DC Fast Charger (480 volt 3-Phase AC input)||1 (able to charge 2 vehicles at same time)|
|Lot H||Level 2 (240 volt AC input)||
|South Parking Structure, Level 2||220 volt AC input||10|
* Parking areas are marked on the Fremont Campus Map.
|Location**||Type of Charger||Number of Chargers|
|Lot C||Level 2 (240 volt AC input)||5|
|Lot C||DC Fast Charger (480 volt 3-Phase AC input)||1 (able to charge 2 vehicles at same time)|
** Parking areas are marked on the Newark Campus Map.
If there are questions or problems with any of the EV charging stations on level 2 of the South Parking Structure, please contact Campus Police Services at (510) 659-6111.
If there are questions or problems with any of the Blink EV charging stations, please contact Blink Network at (888) 998-BLINK (2546) or email@example.com. For information about Blink Network and the Blink chargers, please visit the Blink Network website.
Ohlone College does not operate the Blink EV charging stations installed at the Fremont and Newark campuses.
Parking regulations are enforced by Ohlone College Campus Police Services / Safety and Security (CPS). Questions or concerns about parking at Ohlone College should be directed to CPS at (510) 659-6111.