Hourly Parking Meter Spaces - Maps, Directions, Transportation & Parking
A Parking Permit is not valid at a metered parking stall. Students, visitors, and staff must pay the parking meter for the parking space to be used.
Parking Meters at Fremont Campus
- Location: Spaces marked for metered parking in Parking Lots M and N
- Maximum Time: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Cost: $0.25 (25¢) per 15 minutes up to 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Parking Permits are not valid
On the Fremont campus, coin-operated metered parking is available in Parking Lots M and N as a convenience and courtesy. The coin-operated meters have a maximum time limit of 120 minutes (2 hours). The cost is $0.25 (25¢) per 15 minutes.
The upgraded coin-operated meters will accept nickels, dimes, and quarters in any combination up to $2 for 120 minutes (2 hours) maximum. The coin-operated machines do not give change for amounts over $2. Any excess beyond $2 or 120 minutes (2 hours) is not recorded.
Important: Semester Parking Permits, Daily Parking Permits, Staff Parking Permits, and Guest or Temporary Parking Permits are not valid in metered parking stalls.
Parking Meters at Newark Campus
There are no metered parking spaces at the Ohlone College Newark Center. Instead, purchase a Daily Parking Permit.
Parking Rules Summary
- There is no free parking at any of the Ohlone Community College District campuses, except as noted in Parking Hours.
- There is no grace period during the first few weeks of each semester. Parking rules are enforced from the first day of each semester through the last.
- Parking is permitted only in designed areas and parking stalls.
- Vehicles that are illegally parked and/or parked without a valid parking permit may be cited or towed.
- All parking rules are enforced during instructional periods and on weekends when special events or classes are being held.
For the location of parking lots at the Fremont and Newark Center campuses, see Ohlone College Maps.
Under state law (Education Code 72247) all parking on a community college campus is subject to payment of a specified fee. It is a privilege extended by the Board of Trustees to the faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
Parking regulations are enforced by Ohlone College Campus Police Services / Safety and Security (CPS). Questions or concerns about parking at Ohlone College should be directed to CPS at (510) 659-6111 (Fremont) or (510) 742-2311 (Newark).