Life Sciences/Biotechnology Workshops for Industry Professionals
The Northern California Bay Area Biotechnology Center (NCBC) is offering training workshops for life sciences/biotechnology industry employers and employees. The training is designed to enhance skills in various topics relating to biotechnology, biomedical, medical devices, diagnostics, pharmaceutical, and other areas. The workshops are taught by industry professionals with extensive hands-on experience. All workshops have interactive activities, hands-on applications and/or practice. Laboratory activities are performed in state-of-the-art, well-equipped labs.
In the last five years, the Northern California Bay Area Biotechnology Center has trained over 1,500 industry professionals from more than 200 companies. See our Clients and Testimonials.
- PCR-RT (PDF), March 14-15
- Applied Statistics for QA/QC, Mfg. and R&D-Basic (PDF), April 29
- Applied Statistics for QA/QC, Mfg. and R&D-Intermediate (PDF), April 30
- Applied Statistics for QA/QC, Mfg. and R&D-Advanced (PDF), May 1
- Writing Effective SOPs (PDF), May 2
- Current Good Laboratory Practices (PDF), May 12
- Bioscience for Non-Scientists (PDF), May 15
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (PDF), May 20-211
- Understanding Quality System Regulations-Medical Devices (PDF), June 4-5
- Quality Auditing Basics, Tools and Techniques (PDF), June 26
- Cell Culture Basics (PDF), June 3-5
- Advanced Topics in Cell Culture Relevant to the Biotechnology Industry (PDF), June 11-12
For workshop content information select a workshop title above. Short instructor biographies can be found at Bios for Life Sciences/Biotechnology Workshop Instructors (PDF).
Spring 2014 Life Sciences/Biotechnology Seminar Series Schedule
- The FDA Drug Development Process (PDF), April 10
Workshops require a registration fee. You must register online at Ohlone College Community Education Registration.
Please see Registration Information for Life Sciences/Biotechnology Workshops (PDF) for important information about space limitations, cancellations, and refunds.
Laboratory workshops have limited space, so register early. Deadline to register is the day before the start of the workshop.
For More Information
For workshop content and other questions, call (510) 979-7952, or send an email to email@example.com.
Ohlone College Newark Center
39399 Cherry Street
Newark, CA 94560
Ohlone College Fremont Campus
43600 Mission Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94539
Note: The Writing Effective SOPs and cGLP workshops are offered at the Skyline College conference center located at 3300 College Drive, building 6, 2nd floor, San Bruno, CA 94066. Skyline College campus map and directions.
ife Sciences/Biotechnology Workshops for Industry Professionals are sponsored by the Northern California Bay Area Biotechnology Center at Ohlone College in partnership with the Life Sciences/Biotechnology initiative of the California Community Colleges Chancellors’ Office of Workforce and Economic Development.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".