Computer Applications & Occupational Technology Courses
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- CAOT/CS-101A Computer Applications
- CAOT-104 Basic Keyboarding
- CAOT-110A/B/C Beginning Keyboarding
- CAOT-111 Intermediate Keyboarding
- CAOT-112 Advanced Keyboarding
- CAOT-147 Computer Applications in Biology
- CAOT-148 Computer Applications in Biotechnology
- CAOT-150 Computer Applications in Chemistry
- CAOT-160 Social Media and Digital Citizenry
- CAOT-166 2D Drafting with AutoCAD
- CAOT-167 3D Drafting with AutoCAD
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Upon successful completion of the courses in this discipline, the student will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Create an Excel worksheet, use the sum function, format cells, and insert a chart.
- Organize, store, retrieve, and maintain electronic files across various system platforms.
- Demonstrate proficiency in converting Microsoft Office documents into user friendly file formats for use with various other collaborative software platforms.