Chemical Technology Department
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered. A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- CHMT/BIOT-102 Chemical Safety and Hygiene
- CHMT/BIOT-104A HPLC
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Upon successful completion of the courses in this discipline, the student will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Analyze health science situations in terms of moles, measurements, concentrations, dilutions, chemical conversions, titrations, etc.
- Apply scientific and mathematical principles.
- Compare and contrast compounds and processes such as carbohydrates, lipids, enzymes, proteins, nucleic acids, metabolic pathways (Kreb's cycle, glycoloysis, etc.), nutrition, and body fluids.
- Gain proficiency in inquiry-based lab and problem solving skills and demonstrate the ability to conduct sciencific investigations by suspending preliminary judgments, drawing conclusions only from observable and testable data.
Related Information at Ohlone
Go to www.assist.org to explore information about majors and courses. Please visit the Counseling Department and Transfer Center for assistance with transfer information, degrees, applications and more.
Please refer to the following links for employment outlook and labor market information: