Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- CHEM-101A/B General Chemistry
- CHEM-102 Preparation for General Chemistry
- CHEM-108 Survey of Chemistry
- CHEM-109 Biochemistry for Health Science and Biotechnology
- CHEM-112A/B Organic Chemistry
- CHEM-190 Scientific Research Methodology
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Upon successful completion of the courses in this discipline, the student will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Interpret the fundamental principles of chemistry.
- Apply scientific principles to specific circumstances or problems.
- Apply math skills to solve scientific problems and/or situations.
- Construct program graphs from raw data.
- Analyze graphical representation of scientific data.
- Demonstrate correct laboratory techniques.
- Apply safety rules in the practice of laboratory investigations.
- Demonstrate proper protocols, SOP’s of common scientific equipment such as pHmeter, voltmeter, and Spectrophotomer.
- Analyze data collected during laboratory investigations.
- Design and analyze a scientific experiment and recommend improvements.
Assessment of SLOs
- CHEM-102 Fall 2011 Course Assessment (PDF)
- CHEM-102 Fall 2011 Data for Lab Test #2 (PDF)
- CHEM-112 Spring 2012 Course Assessment (PDF)
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".