Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- CHEM-101A/B General Chemistry
- CHEM-102 Preparation for General Chemistry
- CHEM-108 Survey of Chemistry
- CHEM-109 Biochemistry for Health Science and Biotechnology
- CHEM-112A/B Organic Chemistry
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Chemistry AS Degree
- Apply the major chemical concepts including atomic theory, conservation of mass, reactions, stoichiometery, energy, solutions, materials, acids and bases, electrochemistry and catalysts, including mathematical treatment, in the context of the scientific method.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices and protocols in the laboratory.
Assessment of SLOs
- CHEM-102 Fall 2011 Course Assessment (PDF)
- CHEM-102 Fall 2011 Data for Lab Test #2 (PDF)
- CHEM-112 Spring 2012 Course Assessment (PDF)
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".