Why Ohlone College Chicana / Chicano Studies?
The Ohlone College Chicano/Latino Studies Department prepares students to transfer to four year colleges and universities with the necessary academic skills to be successful. Students who take Chicano/Latino Studies learn about Chicano/a identities and learn a variety of cultural proficiencies to lead and serve Chicano/a communities in the United States.
10 reasons to take Chicano/Latino Studies classes:
- 10. All Chicano/Latino Studies Courses are UC and CSU transferable
- 9. All Chicano/Latino Studies courses complement Ohlone College Puente Project courses and activities
- 8. Learn about the history of Chicano/Latinos in the U.S.
- 7. Learn about Chicano/Latino culture and contemporary issues in the U.S.
- 6. Read and discuss Chicano/Latino writers
- 5. Design and develop research projects in the Chicano/Latino community
- 4. Participate in local community service activities
- 3. Increase cultural awareness of Mexican and other Latino communities in the U.S.
- 2. Great way to earn continuing education diversity credits!
- 1. Learn how to transfer, enter the career field, and make a difference!