Why Ohlone College Chicana / Chicano Studies?
The Ohlone College Chicano Studies Department prepares students to transfer to four year colleges and universities with the necessary academic skills to be successful. Students who take Chicano Studies learn about Chicano/a identities and learn a variety of cultural proficiencies to lead and serve Chicano/a communities in the United States.
10 reasons to take Chicano Studies classes:
- 10. All Chicano Studies Courses are UC and CSU transferable
- 9. All Chicano Studies courses complement Ohlone College Puente Project courses and activities
- 8. Learn about the history of Chicano/Latinos in the U.S.
- 7. Learn about Chicano/Latino culture and contemporary issues in the U.S.
- 6. Read and discuss Chicano/Latino writers
- 5. Design and develop research projects in the Chicano/Latino community
- 4. Participate in local community service activities
- 3. Increase cultural awareness of Mexican and other Latino communities in the U.S.
- 2. Great way to earn continuing education diversity credits!
- 1. Learn how to transfer, enter the career field, and make a difference!
For more information, contact Chicano Studies Instructor Ralph de Unamuno at (510) 659-6533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.