Computers, Networks, and Emerging Technology (CNET) Department
System and network administration courses, Information Technology (IT) training, and more! Learn the skills necessary to work in today's high tech work environment.
Ohlone's Computers, Networks, and Emerging Technology A.S. and A.A. Degrees and Certificates prepare students for employment in the field of computers, networking, and emerging fields in technology as a computer programmer, database administrator, systems administrator, support specialist, network technician, computer engineer, web developer, or related positions. Students may also prepare for a variety of certifications, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Network Professional, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.
Associate in Science (A.S.) Degrees
Desktop Support A.S. Degree
Desktop Support technicians provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. Get more information about Desktop Support A.S. Degree (PDF).
Network Administrator A.S. Degree
Network Administrators manage all of the day-to-day aspects of a computer network. In addition to configuring networks they are responsible for making the network operational 24 hours a day. Tasks performed include installing and configuring new equipment, including desktop PCs and servers, troubleshooting day to day problems and unusual issues with networked equipment, and evaluating the need for upgrades or replacements of current computer hardware and software solutions. Students who achieve this program can become employed as a network administrator in virtually all businesses and enterprises where computers and networks are used. Students are also well prepared for industry certification. Get more information about Network Administrator A.S. Degree (PDF).
New for 2015-2016!
- IT Service and Support A.S. Degree
- Information Technology A.S. Degree
- System Administration A.S. Degree
- Database Administration A.S. Degree
Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree
Natural Science: Mathematics and Technology Emphasis A.A. Degree
Designed to enable students to develop a strong foundation in mathematics and technology. Furthermore, the theoretical knowledge and laboratory skills acquired by students in this emphasis will also enhance their success with obtaining entry-level jobs that require two years of college-level mathematics and technology courses. Classes prepare students for technical careers such as in information technology, systems administration, and networking. Get more information about Natural Science: Mathematics and Technology Emphasis A.A. Degree (PDF).
Certificates of Achievement
- Desktop Support Certificate of Achievement (PDF)
- Network Administrator Certificate of Achievement (PDF)
New for 2015-2016!
- IT Service and Support Certificate of Achievement
- Information Technology Certificate of Achievement
- System Administration Certificate of Achievement
- Database Administration Certificate of Achievement
Certificates of Accomplishment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate c (PDF)
- Computer Applications in Biotechnology Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Desktop Support Technician Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Java Developer Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Linux (LPI-1 and LPI-2) Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Linux / UNIX Administration Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- MCITP Server Administrator Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Video Game Development Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Web Design Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- New for 2015-2016!
- Cybersecurity Certificate of Accomplishment
- IT Service and Support Technician Certificate of Accomplishment
- Linux (LPI-1 and LPI-2) Certificate of Accomplishment
- Oracle Database Operations Certificate of Accomplishment
- Virtualization and Storage Administration Certificate of Accomplishment
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.
All full-time and part-time CS, CNET, and CAOT students are eligible to download operating systems, server application programs, and developer tools that are available through Ohlone College and Microsoft DreamSpark. Download Ohlone-Microsoft DreamSpark program detailed information and procedures (PDF).
Related Information at Ohlone
- Computer Applications and Occupational Technology (CAOT)
- Computer Science
- Network Technology and Systems Administration (NTSA)
DivisionSkip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".