Computers, Networks, and Emerging Technology Courses
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- CNET/CS-101 Introduction to Computers and Information Technology
- CNET-105 IT Essentials (CompTIA A+)
- CNET-108 IT Project Management
- CNET-110 ICT Summer Institute (CCENT Bootcamp)
- CNET/ENGI-114 How Technology Works
- CNET-120 VMware: Install, Configure, Manage
- CNET-122A Information Storage and Management - EMC
- CNET-122B Cloud Infrastructure and Services
- CNET-124 Virtual Destop Administration - Citrix
- CNET-124B Virtual Application Administration - Citrix
- CNET-132 Introduction to Tableau Analytics
- CNET-133 Data Integration with Talend Open Studio
- CNET-135 Oracle Database Administration
- CNET-136 Oracle Database Backup and Recovery
- CNET/CS-137 Introduction to SQL
- CNET-138 PL/SQL Programming
- CNET-140 Linux System Administration (LPI-1)
- CNET-141 Linux System Administration (LPI-2)
- CNET/CS-145 PHP Programming with MySQL
- CNET/CS-146 Introduction to UNIX/Linux
- CNET/CS-147 UNIX/Linux Shell Scripting
- CNET/CS-149 PERL Programming
- CNET-151 Systems and Network Administration
- CNET/CS-152 Data Communications
- CNET-154 Computer Network Fundamentals (Network+)
- CNET-155A Introduction to Networks (CCNA1)
- CNET-155B Routing and Switching Essentials (CCNA2)
- CNET-156A Scaling Networks (CCNA3)
- CNET-156B Connecting Networks (CCNA4)
- CNET/CS-157 TCP/IP and Internetworking
- CNET-158 Wireless Networks
- CNET-160A Microsoft Client Operating Systems
- CNET-160B Microsoft Desktop Support Technician
- CNET-162 Windows Server Installation and Configuration Administration
- CNET-164 Windows Server Administration
- CNET-166 Windows Server - Advanced Services
- CNET-167 Microsoft Exchange Server
- CNET-168A Querying Microsoft SQL Server
- CNET-168B Administering Microsoft SQL Server
- CNET-168C Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server
- CNET-170 Network Security (Security+)
- CNET-172 CCNA Security
- CNET-173 Ethical Hacking
- CNET-174 Computer Forensics
- CNET-180 IP Telephony and VoIP Implementation
- CNET-182 Advanced Routing (CCNP ROUTE)
- CNET-184 Advanced Switching (CCNP SWITCH)
- CNET-186 Troubleshooting IP Networks (CCNP TSHOOT)
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Upon successful completion of the courses in this discipline, the student will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the IT career field and the need to be lifelong learners.
- Increase the ability to identify new learning requirements and to learn independently.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills and increase ability to be effective team members.
- Demonstrate attitudes that are beneficial to maintaining the security of a computer/network system and assisting people to use that system or network.
- Demonstrate confidence to work independently to setup and maintain computer and networking systems.
- Demonstrate techniques to anticipate and prepare for a variety of unknown situations that might impact the operation of a computer system or network.
- Demonstrate understanding of how computers communicate with each other and the methods employed to assure that the communication is reliable.
- Participate in a structured internship based in the workplace and receive real world, hands on experience.