Communication Studies Courses
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- COMM-100 Introduction to Communication Theory
- COMM-108 Visual Communication
- COMM-111 Introduction to Public Speaking
- COMM-112 Small Group Communication/Critical Thinking
- COMM-113 Interpersonal Communication
- COMM-114 Critical Thinking/Persuasion
- COMM-115 Intercultural Communication
- COMM-116 Critical Thinking/Argumentation and Debate
- COMM-117 Leadership Communication
- COMM-118/WS-108 Gender, Sexual Identity, and Communication
- COMM-122 Family Communication
- COMM-124 Introduction to Health Communication
- COMM-125/BA-115 Career Communication
- COMM-126 Listening Techniques
- COMM/TD-130 Oral Interpretation of Literature
- COMM/TD-132 Voice and Diction
- COMM/TD-134 Introduction to Performance Studies
- COMM-190A Speech Communication Lab Consultant
- COMM-190B/C Communication Lab Consultant
- COMM-191A1 Introductory Forensics Workshop
- COMM-191A2 Forensics Workshop
- COMM-191A3 Forensics Competition
- COMM-192A1/2 Argumentation and Debate Workshop
- COMM-192A3 Competitive Argumentation and Debate
- COMM-193 Oral Interpretation Competition
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.