Events for the Deaf Studies Division
by Dr. Paddy Ladd
- Deafhood by Dr. Paddy Ladd
- Thursday, November 20, 2014
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Room 7101, Building 7, first floor, Fremont campus
- Voice interpretation will be provided
- Free Admission
About Dr. Paddy Ladd
Dr. Paddy Ladd is a Deaf scholar, author, activist and researcher of Deaf culture. He was a lecturer and MSc Coordinator at the Centre for Deaf Studies at the University of Bristol, England. Dr. Ladd was one of the first presenters of BBC’s “See Hear” broadcast. He has been a campaigner for Deaf rights and has written numerous publications, including “Understanding Deaf Culture: In Search of Deafhood.” In addition, he toured with the Grateful Dead for a period of time as their on-stage sign translator.
See also the Deaf Studies Events Archive.
- D.C.A.R.A. (Deaf Counseling Advocacy and Referral Agency), Deaf Community Center, San Leandro, CA
- California School for the Deaf, Fremont, CA
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".