About the Early Childhood Studies Program
It is strongly advised that all students have completed ENGL-151B Fundamentals of Composition or the equivalent in order to meet the strenuous writing expectation in these courses. Placement testing is available in the Placement Testing Center (Building 7, third floor) to help students determine English reading and comprehension and writing proficiency.
- Must be currently working with young children (birth to pre-kindergarten);
- Must be working for at least 15 hours a week;
- Must be employed continuously for 9 months at the same site;
- Must have a Child Development Permit if already completed 6 units or more in Early Childhood Studies
- Alameda County Every Child Counts
- National Association for the Education of Young Children NAEYC Organization
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Childhood Matters Radio Show
- Resource Area for Teaching
- Child Development Training Consortium
- Community Child Care Coordinating Council of Alameda County
Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".