English 151B Fundamentals of Composition - English Learning Center
The English 151B course has a lab component which consists of 25% of your grade (1unit). The English Learning Center lab component requires that you complete two sets of assignments:
My Writing Lab - Your instructor will give you a lab packet which includes deadlines sheet, lab directions, My Writing Lab directions, and a student copy of the Deadlines and Record Form.
After completing the My Writing Lab exercises, take the module tests in the English Learning Center on or before the due dates for full credit; late tests do not earn higher than 70% credit and must be completed within one week of the original due date. The quizzes should also be taken in the English Learning Center by the due date.
Note: You will need a scantron, photo I.D. and a #2 pencil for taking the Module tests and the quizzes in the ELC.
Reading and Writing Program
- Read and print the Reading and Writing Packet.
- Read the essay “Spanglish Spoken Here” by Janice Castro from Mosaics: Reading and Writing Essays (PDF) on pages 354-356.
- Read and print only if you do not have the book Mosaics Reading and Writing Essays Chapter 6: "Writing Effectively" (PDF).
- Complete the Summary paragraph by the due date.
- Complete the reading and writing activities by the indicated due date.
- Have all your work evaluated and signed by the English Learning Center lab staff by the specific due dates.
- No late work accepted and no rewrites.
Download and print the English 151B Lab Packet:
Printing Guidelines - You are welcome to use the computers and printers in the English Learning Center to complete your assignments. For information on printing, please review the Pcounter WebPay presentation (PDF).
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".