Newark English Learning Center - English Department
“A writer's problem does not change. He himself changes and the world he lives in changes, but his problem remains the same. It is always how to write truly and having found what is true, to project it in such a way that it becomes a part of the experience of the person who reads it.” –Ernest Hemingway
- Open Hours
- 9:00am - 11:45am
- 1:15pm - 4:45pm
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays and Breaks: Closed
- Room NC1124, first floor, Wing 1, Learning Resources Center
- (510) 742-2371
- See also Fremont Campus ELC
(Schedule is subject to change without notice.)
For information about serving as a tutor, tutor training, and additional learning centers and labs, see Tutoring Services.
Newark ELC Services
Instructors are available for tutoring in all English courses. The Instructional Assistant is available to assist students with tutoring and all lab work during open hours.
- Drop-in and scheduled tutoring available. Please visit the Newark ELC for available hours.
- Instructors are available for tutoring in all English courses. Please visit the Newark ELC for available hours.
- English 101A Lab
- English 151A & B Lab Assistance
- English 162 Lab Assistance
- To learn more about English 162 Lab go to English 162 Lab Component
- English 163 Lab Assistance
- Reading Book for Enjoyment
- To learn more about English 163 Lab go to English 163 Lab Component
Students interested in applying for an English tutoring position at the Newark ELC contact the Fremont ELC at (510) 659-6087 for more information.
To learn more about the programs and services provided by the English Learning Center located at the Fremont campus (Room HH-217, Hyman Hall, second floor), please refer to the English Learning Center web page.