Environmental Biology BIOL-142 - Environmental Studies Department
Welcome! BIOL-142 is designed for non-science majors to fulfill a general education laboratory science requirement. This course is transferable to state colleges and universities. Register for BIOL-142 if you:
- Want to graduate from Ohlone with an A.A. degree or transfer to a 4-year college
- Need a science course with a lab
- Want an alternative to BIOL-130 that is fun, outdoors, and challenging (BIOL-142 does not fulfill the pre-requisites for pre-med, pre-dental, or other health science majors.)
- Are interested in biology and the environment
BIOL-142 takes a sweeping look at the nature of life and examines the biological sciences focusing on the interactions between living organisms with their environment (ecology), biological diversity, evolution, and the effects humans have had on the environment. Enrollment is open to all students. No previous biology experience required.
What this Environmental Biology Course Offers
Environmental Biology was designed to challenge students to think independently and scientifically, appreciate and experience nature, and enjoy hands-on learning biology. Here is what you can expect if you take this course:
- Field trip to the all new California Academy of Sciences
- Field excursions to local bay area habitats
- Design your own laboratory experiments
- Conduct your own plant growth study
- Examine the behavior of live animals
For more information, please contact the instructor Dr. Jeff Watanabe at email@example.com.