Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- GEOG-101 Physical Geography
- GEOG-102 Cultural Geography
- GEOG-104 World Regional Geography
- GEOG-105 California Geography
- GEOG-106 Economic Geography: Resources and Society
- GEOG-121 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- GEOG/ENVS-122 Environmental GIS
- GEOG-123 Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Projects
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Geography for Transfer AA Degree (ADT)
- Assess the preservation of natural resources and the potential impact of societies overusing natural resources.
- Discuss and describe the origins, diversity, and distribution of basic cultural patterns, with particular attention given to language, religion, urbanization, political and economic patterns, and humanenvironment interactions.