Courses in the Interdisciplinary Studies Department
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered. Courses for this discipline include:
- IS/ART/MUS/TD-100 Survey of the Arts
- IS-110 Introduction to Ethnic Studies
- IS/WS-120 Women of the Western World
- IS-142/HIST-141/MUS-122 A History of Early Rock and Roll: Music and Culture of the 1950s
- IS-143/HIST-142/MUS-123 History of Rock and Roll: Music and Culture of the 1960s
In addition, degrees and certificates in Interdisciplinary Studies cover a wide variety of arts, humanities, and sociology courses, including:
- Foreign Languages
- Gender and Women's Studies
- Political Science
- Speech and Communication Studies
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.