Kinesiology: Athletic Training Department
Kinesiology classes are theory courses primarily focuses on exercise science, wellness, and sports medicine. Please see Physical Education for physical education activity courses, and Athletics for all courses related to intercollegiate sports.
Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree
Kinesiology: Athletic Training A.S. Degree - Designed to prepare students for studying Athletic Training at accredited universities. While the courses required in the Associate in Science in Kinesiology: Athletic Training will fulfill the lower division major requirements at many universities, students are advised to meet with their counselor to assess the course requirements for specific institutions. This program will enable students to develop a strong foundation in exercise science, kinesiology, and athletic training. The theoretical knowledge and laboratory skills acquired by students in this program will also enhance their success with obtaining entry- level jobs in the fitness and physical therapy industry.
Fitness Instructor Certificate of Accomplishment
Fitness Instructor Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF) - Provides the instruction, skills, knowledge, and experience that facilitate employment in a job setting such as sports and fitness centers. The certificate provides an excellent foundation for students interested in a career in exercise science, athletic training, physical therapy, and other health related careers.
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.
Related Information at Ohlone
Mission of the Kinesiology: Athletic Training Department
The mission of the Ohlone College Sports Medicine and Athletic Training Program is to provide Ohlone College intercollegiate student athletes with the highest level of Sports Medicine and Athletic Training care.
Kinesiology: Athletic Training Objectives
- To instruct and advise student-athletes in the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- To evaluate and provide immediate care when sports injuries occur.
- To provide follow-up injury care, rehabilitation and reconditioning programs to student-athletes recovering from an injury.
- To prepare student-athletes for practice or competition including taping, bandaging, wrapping and bracing.
- In addition the Athletic Training Sports Medicine Program provides students interested in careers in athletic training and sports medicine with opportunities to gain valuable knowledge and practical experience in the athletic training and sports medicine setting.
- Jeff Roberts
Head Athletic Trainer
- Chris Warden
Kinesiology, Athletics, and Community Education
Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".