Kinesiology: Athletic Training Department
Explore possibilities! This class may help you decide on pursuing opportunities in:
- Scouting for athletic teams
- Managing or owning sports/fitness facilities
- Working in sports marketing
- Working in public relations
- Becoming a sports attorney
- KIN-244-02 (064517) or BA-144-02 (064518) [same course listed under two disciplines]
- Fully online 8-week course - class starts March 30
- 3 units
- Transfers to CSU
Download the Late Start Class: Sports Management flyer (PDF) for more information!
Kinesiology classes are theory courses primarily focused on exercise science, wellness, and sports medicine. Please see Physical Education for physical education activity courses, and Athletics for all courses related to intercollegiate sports.
Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree
Kinesiology for Transfer A.A. Degree (AA-T) (PDF) - Offers students an opportunity to enrich their education with emphasis on improved individual physical well-being and prepares students for transfer to bachelor's degree programs in Kinesiology and related disciplines. Students may obtain an AA-T in Kinesiology and optimize preparation for advanced degrees in Kinesiology at baccalaureate institutions. Typical employment opportunities in the field are in the areas of coaching, personal or group training, fitness instruction, fitness specialists, multiple allied health care professions, recreation, as well as managerial positions in athletics and recreation centers.
Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree
Kinesiology: Athletic Training A.S. Degree (PDF) - Designed to prepare students for studying Athletic Training at accredited universities. While the courses required in the Associate in Science in Kinesiology: Athletic Training will fulfill the lower division major requirements at many universities, students are advised to meet with their counselor to assess the course requirements for specific institutions. This program will enable students to develop a strong foundation in exercise science, kinesiology, and athletic training. The theoretical knowledge and laboratory skills acquired by students in this program will also enhance their success with obtaining entry- level jobs in the fitness and physical therapy industry.
Certificates of Accomplishment
- Fitness Instructor Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF) - Provides the instruction, skills, knowledge, and experience that facilitate employment in a job setting such as sports and fitness centers. The certificate provides an excellent foundation for students interested in a career in exercise science, athletic training, physical therapy, and other health related careers.
- Kinesiology: Fitness Professional (PDF) - Prepares students to pursue careers in a variety of health science professions including but not limited to personal training, physical therapy, exercise physiology, exercise biology, fitness instruction, physical education, coaching, athletics, and more. The courses required in the Certificate of Achievement will fulfill many of the course requirements for the Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer. Students are advised to meet with their counselor to assess the course requirements for specific institutions. This program will enable students to build a strong foundation in exercise science and kinesiology which will enhance their success in obtaining entry-level jobs in the fitness industry.
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.
Related Information at Ohlone
Mission of the Kinesiology: Athletic Training Department
The mission of the Ohlone College Sports Medicine and Athletic Training Program is to provide Ohlone College intercollegiate student athletes with the highest level of Sports Medicine and Athletic Training care.
Kinesiology: Athletic Training Objectives
- To instruct and advise student-athletes in the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- To evaluate and provide immediate care when sports injuries occur.
- To provide follow-up injury care, rehabilitation and reconditioning programs to student-athletes recovering from an injury.
- To prepare student-athletes for practice or competition including taping, bandaging, wrapping and bracing.
- In addition the Athletic Training Sports Medicine Program provides students interested in careers in athletic training and sports medicine with opportunities to gain valuable knowledge and practical experience in the athletic training and sports medicine setting.
DivisionSkip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".