Ohlone Math Gateway Program (OMG)
The OMG Program is an accelerated math program for Engineering and Bio-Engineering students at Ohlone. Enrolled students will take two full semester length classes in one semester along with other engineering related courses.
- Take the 4 courses between Algebra II and Calculus I and condense them into 2 semesters
- Curriculum contextualized to engineering/STEM* careers
- Consistent Faculty Presence throughout 2 semesters
- Create a learning community of STEM-majored students to journey together
- Block Scheduling/Guaranteed Registration
- Provide exposure to careers, extra academic support, math help, tutoring…
- Engineering 101 Introduction to Engineering (T 1:00pm – 3:05pm (lecture), Th 1:00pm – 4:10pm (lab), August 28, 2017 – December 15, 2017)
- Math 152 Algebra II (Accelerated: MTWTh 9:20am – 11:35am, August 28, 2017 – October 26, 2017)
- Math 181 Trigonometry (Accelerated: MTWTh 9:30am – 11:30am, October 30, 2017 – December 15, 2017)
- Math 188 Precalculus
- Math 101a Calculus
- Engineering 115 Engineering Graphics and Design
To be eligible for OMG, you must:
- Be a full-time Ohlone student for Fall 2017
- Be eligible to take Math 152 (Algebra II) in Fall 2017
- Be a declared STEM Major, or express a strong interest in a STEM field
- Commit to attending all AMG Program Components (math classes, tutoring, 1-on-1 meetings with program staff)
- After application completion, students will be contacted for a mandatory individual interview
- Interested students must complete the OMG application
Check out the Facebook: Ohlone Math Gateway page!
Contact Jeff O'Connell at email@example.com.