Multimedia Program Philosophy
If your interest is in design, animation, 3D modeling, programming or gaming, the Multimedia Program at Ohlone College will work with you to develop your talent and help you achieve your academic and career goals. Our rich and challenging curriculum will prepare you to be successful in a variety of fields – from entertainment, to user interface design and commerce.
Our partnerships with leading companies in Silicon Valley and four-year institutions keeps us updated on technological innovations so you will have the latest industry skills. With the help of leaders in academic institutions, we are able to create a cutting edge, conceptually rich and innovative curriculum that supports individual exploration and collaborative learning.
Multimedia Program Foundation
We begin by ensuring that students have a solid foundation in fundamental principles and skills in graphic design, conceptualizing ideas, and prototyping.
Students are encouraged to explore the many different areas of multimedia, such as:
- Website Design and Internet publishing
- 2D and 3D animation
- 3D modeling
- Digital video for Web and DVD authoring
- Game Design
- Mobile Application Development
View the Multimedia Student Project Gallery.
State-of-the-Art Curriculum and Classrooms
To assure that students are adequately prepared for today's new media jobs, we focus on maintaining a program that is up to the minute.
- All of our faculty members are working professionals in the field.
- Students are exposed to a variety of guest speakers who share their real world experiences.
- Our Advisory Board continuously reviews content and practice to ensure our program is as current as possible.
We offer state-of-the-art classrooms and labs where students can apply their design and production skills using current industry-standard software applications.
Practical Experience in Multimedia
The Multimedia Department at Ohlone College not only teaches the technical skills needed for a career in multimedia, but also business and networking skills needed to find a job.
- In our Portfolio Development course students create a professional quality portfolio and resume and have the opportunity to present these materials to working professionals.
- Our annual juried Multimedia Festival gives students a place to show their work to a larger community, to network and to receive an award for outstanding achievement.
- Our students are encouraged to submit their work to a variety of industry shows and community events.
DivisionSkip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".