About the Multimedia Department
Multimedia Program Philosophy
Whether their strength is design, animation, 3D modeling, programming or gaming, we offer students a rich and challenging curriculum that will prepare them to be successful in a variety of fields, from entertainment to user interface design to commerce.
Our strong partnerships with leading companies in Silicon Valley and 4 year institutions keeps us updated on technological innovations and requirements to find jobs in the industry. With the help of leaders in academic institutions we are able to create a cutting edge, conceptually rich and innovative curriculum that supports individual exploration and collaborative learning.
Multimedia Program Foundation
We begin by ensuring that students have a solid foundation in the fundamental principles and skills of graphic design, conceptualizing ideas and prototyping. Students are encouraged to explore the many different areas of multimedia which include web site development, 2D and 3D animation, 3D modeling, digital video and photography. We offer state-of-the-art classrooms and labs where students can apply their design and production skills using current industry-standard software applications.
To assure that students are adequately prepared for today's new media jobs, we focus on maintaining a program that is up to the minute. All of our faculty members are working professionals in the field. In our classes, students are exposed to a variety of guest speakers who will share their real world experiences. Our Advisory Board continuously reviews content and practice to ensure our program is as current as possible.
Practical Experience in Multimedia
- In our game design program students conceptualize, design and program games that can be played on a variety of devices and platforms.
- Students learn how to build augmented reality applications in our introduction to multimedia course and how to create mobile apps in our mobile application development class.
- In our Portfolio Development course students create a professional quality portfolio and resume and have the opportunity to present these materials to working professionals.
- Our annual juried Multimedia Festival gives students a place to show their work to a larger community, to network and to receive an award for outstanding achievement.
- Our students are encouraged to submit their work to a variety of industry shows and community events.