Theatre and Dance Department
Auditions for Dracula
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- NUMMI Studio Studio, Smith Center at Ohlone College, 43600 Mission Boulevard, Fremont
Get details about the Auditions for Dracula.
When was the last time you went to see some wacky comedy, some passionate new drama, the latest Broadway hits, some wicked political satire…or any other live stage performance?
Join us for the popular Theatre Appreciation class (TD-102-02), which heads off to the theatre on Friday nights! Register using WebAdvisor.
This class satisfies the Fine Arts requirement for Ohlone's GE Plan A and is CSU and UC transferable!
The course can be taken for credit or no credit for those who just want to see some of the most exciting theatre performances in the Bay Area. We find great group rates! In the past we have witnessed some terrific shows from San Mateo to Berkeley, from San Francisco to San Jose, and right here in Fremont.
Typical cost for the whole term is about $120, depending on shows selected.
You’ll meet new friends as you have fun getting together to watch the most entertaining shows in the Bay Area! All you have to do is sign up!
If you’d like more information, please contact Dor Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kennedy Center invited The Time Machine: Love Among the Eloi to perform at the Western Regional Conference at Humboldt State University in February 2011. We were one of only four plays selected to represent the colleges and universities from the nine western states of the United States.
Enjoy this very condensed version of Ohlone College Theatre and Dance Department's The Time Machine: Love Among the Eloi being presented at the American College Theatre Festival in Humboldt, CA.
Like trying on different personalities?
Enjoy these photos of the creative students in a Theatre and Dance makeup class!
- Douglas Cattaneo, class of 1970, worked several decades at Cal State Hayward Theatre Department as the senior theatre technician. Doug also served as the head of the Local Stagehands Union #16 for Alameda county. He continued to be associated with Ohlone Drama by loaning props, teaching classes and design work. Doug also worked for the Ohlone PE department, running sound systems for their games. Sadly we have learned that Doug peacefully passed away on November 21, 2013 at home. He is survived by Ruthie his wife and their children.
- Mark O. Ward performed and worked on several shows in the newly built Smith Center at Ohlone College, and appeared in the 2001 version of A Flea in Her Ear. We recently learned that Mark peacefully passed away from complications from diabetes.
- Steven Alvarez played Judas Iscariot in the 1979 production of Jesus Christ Superstar. He also played in the pit orchestra under Phil Zahorsky the following two summers (Man of LaMancha and West Side Story). A San Jose State graduate and is currently working as a musician, stage actor and producer having since performed the role of Jesus and Judas (again), among others. He founded the Theatre Artists United in Anchorage, Alaska, and produces/music directs and at times performs in their annual productions. You can see more about his current gig on the Theatre Artists United Facebook Page. Good going Steven…
- Students will gather at Ohlone College for High School Theatre Festival, March 19, 2013, Tri-City Voice - More than 650 high school students will travel from as far as Grass Valley to participate in Ohlone College's 19th Annual High School Theatre Festival this month. The two-day festival takes place March 22 and 23 on the Ohlone College Fremont Campus, attracting high school students from over 22 schools across California.
- Ohlone College drama students invited to prestigious festival, February 13, 2013, Inside Bay Area - Ohlone College theater students last year took a risk by reinterpreting a popular but off-color play that depicts Charlie Brown and other "Peanuts" characters as wild teenagers searching for themselves.
- Ohlone students nominated for acting awards - March 2, 2012, Tri-City Voice - From Gregory Peck to Danny Glover, the acting prowess that has its roots in the Bay Area is quite amazing. And it continues to expand. Two Ohlone College students, Steven Vogel and Chris Joseph, have been nominated for the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Awards at the American College Theatre Festival (ACTF).
- Memorial Service for Beloved Ohlone College Drama Professor, April 8, 2011 press release - On March 25, Ohlone College lost a beloved former professor in the Drama Department. Norman Kirschbaum, was a longtime highly regarded drama instructor, costume and fine jewelry designer, and craftsman.
- Ohlone College play picked for Humboldt festival - February 1, 2011, Inside Bay Area - The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival has invited Ohlone College's theater department to perform this month at Humboldt State University in Arcata. Ohlone will perform "The Time Machine: Love Among the Eloi" at the Western Regional Conference at Humboldt on Feb. 16.
- Down the Rabbit Hole and on to D.C. - February 11, 2010, Ohlone College Monitor - Students in last semester’s Dance and Theatre Department had an outstanding fall theatre production of the Rabbit Hole. … Six students from Ohlone’s Theatre and Dance Department will be competing in this year’s Festival, along with students from Alaska, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Montana, Washington and Wyoming.
- Theatre Preview: Emotional dive into Rabbit Hole - November 11, 2009, Tri-City Voice - The Ohlone College Department of Theatre and Dance drop us into the dark, tight cellar of tragedy and grief with their production of "Rabbit Hole" showing now through November 21st. Written by David Lindsay-Abaire the play first premiered at the Pacific Playwrights Festival in 2005 and went on to be a hit on Broadway where it earned five Tony Award nominations. Its success was then crowned with the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
- Top High School Artists Perform - April 10, 2008, Fremont Bulletin - Ohlone College's 14th annual High School Theatre Festival was held Saturday and Sunday, hosted by the Department of Theatre and Dance.
- Ohlone dancers travel to China - September 20, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor - Two of the four Ohlone dance companies traveled to China in May—Footnotes and Beatz n Pieces. Janel Tomblin-Brown’s cultural exchange dance group totaled 20 students—three theater technicians and three Beatz n Pieces dancers, with the rest coming from Footnotes.
- Much Ado About Nothing prep begins - September 13, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor - Ohlone’s fall play, a modern adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing, one of Shakespeare’s comedies, is planned by Drama Director Tom Blank. Auditions for the cast were held during the last week in May, but the final casting call was held only recently.