Transfer Information and Career Opportunities in Music

Transfer Information for Music Majors

The following California State University and University of California offer majors in Music and/or related fields. The campuses that offer the major are identified next to each major name. Select a campus abbreviation next to a major to get more information about that major through the ASSIST online student transfer information system.

A partial listing is below or view complete listing of Music majors.

  • Choral-Vocal Music B.M. (CSULB)
  • Composition B.M. (CSULB)
  • Creative Studies: Music Composition Emphasis B.A. (UCSB)
  • Ethnomusicology - Jazz Studies B.A. (UCLA)
  • Ethnomusicology, General B.A. (UCLA)
  • History and Literature B.M. (CSULB)
  • Instrumental B.M. (CSULB)
  • Liberal Studies B.A. - Liberal Arts Track (CSUEB)
  • Liberal Studies B.A. Concentration in Music (CSUSTAN)
  • Music (General Music Studies Emphasis) B.A. (CSUSB)
  • Music (Music Education Emphasis) B.A. (CSUSB)
  • Music (performance-oriented) B.Mus - Flute (UCI)
  • Music (performance-oriented) B.Mus. - Bassoon (UCI)
  • Music (performance-oriented) B.Mus. - Clarinet (UCI)

Go to to explore information about majors and courses. Please visit the Counseling Department and Transfer Center for assistance with transfer information, degrees, applications and more.

Career Opportunities in Music

Please refer to the following links for employment outlook and labor market information:

Please visit the Counseling Department and Career Services for information.