Cisco Systems CCNP Certification Training - Network Technology and Systems Administration (NTSA) Department
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification indicates advanced knowledge of networks. It is the second stage of the Network Installation and Support track, and it teaches the installation, configuration, and operation of LAN, WAN, and dialup access services for medium-to-large networks with multiple protocols. Learn more about CCNP certification from Cisco Systems.
Prerequisites: CCNA Certification is a prerequisite for CCNP Certification.
|Semester One||CNET-182 Advanced Routing||8 weeks||3|
|CNET-183 Remote Access Networks||8 weeks||3|
|Semester Two||CNET-184 Advanced Switching||8 weeks||3|
|CNET-185 Optimizing Converged Networks||8 weeks||3|
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore. The exact textbook and other specific costs are now available for each section on WebAdvisor (select "Book Info").
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Additional supplies may be required and will be listed on the course syllabus on the first day of classes. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Certification Skills and Competencies
The CCNP certification (Cisco Certified Network Professional) indicates advanced or journeyman knowledge of networks. With a CCNP, a network professional can:
- Implement appropriate technologies to build a scalable routed network
- Build campus networks using multilayer switching technologies
- Improve traffic flow, reliability, redundancy, and performance for campus LANs, routed and switched WANs, and remote access networks
- Create and deploy a global intranet
- Troubleshoot an environment that uses Cisco routers and switches for multiprotocol client hosts and services.
There are four required exams for CCNP certification:
- 642-901 BSCI - Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks
- 642-825 ISCW - Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks
- 642-812 BCMSN - Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks
- 642-831 CIT- Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks
For more information, contact Richard Grotegut, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.