NTSA Courses - Network Technology and Systems Administration (NTSA) Department
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- CNET/CS-101 Introduction to Computers and Information Technology
- CNET-105 PC Hardware and Software
- CNET-140A Linux Installation and Configuration
- CNET-140B Linux System Administration
- CNET-141A Linux Apache Web Server Administration
- CNET-142A Linux Networking
- CNET-142B Linux Security
- CNET/CS-146 Introduction to UNIX/Linux
- CNET/CS-147 UNIX/Linux Shell Scripting
- CNET-149 PERL Programming
- CNET-150 Network Operating Systems
- CNET/CS-152 Data Communications
- CNET-155A Network Fundamentals (Cisco Certified Networking Academy CCNA I)
- CNET-155B Routing Protocols and Concepts (Cisco Certified Networking Academy CCNA II)
- CNET-156A LAN Switching and Wireless
- CNET-156B Wan Design and Support
- CNET/CS-157 TCP/IP and Internetworking
- CNET-158 Wireless Networks
- CNET-160A Microsoft Client Operating Systems
- CNET-162A Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- CNET-162B Windows Network Infrastructure Administration
- CNET-163 Planning a Microsoft Windows Networks Infrastructure
- CNET-164A Microsoft Directory System
- CNET-164B Designing Microsoft Windows Directory Services Infrastructure
- CNET-165A Designing a Secure Microsoft Windows Network
- CNET-165B Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA)
- CNET-165C Administering Security for Windows 2003
- CNET-167A Network Application Administration I - Email (Exchange 2003)
- CNET-168A Network Application Administration II - Database (SQL)
- CNET-170 Network Security
- CNET-171 Information Security
- CNET-172A Cisco Network Security (CCSP)
- CNET-173B Cisco Network Security II (CCSP)
- CNET-182 Advanced Routing (Cisco Networking Academy CCNP 1)
- CNET-183 Remote Access Networks (Cisco Networking Academy CCNP 2)
- CNET-184 Advanced Switching (Cisco Networking Academy CCNP 3)
- CNET-185 Optimizing Converged Networks (CCNP IV)
- CS-102 Introduction to Computer Programming Using C++
- CS-104A Visual Basic .NET Programming
- CS-170 Java Programming
- CS-175 Script Technology for Web Development
- CS-176 Introduction to PERL CGI Programming
- ENGL-156 Introduction to Report and Technical Writing
- SPCH-115 Career Communication
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Upon successful completion of the courses in this discipline, the student will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the IT career field and the need to be lifelong learners.
- Increase the ability to identify new learning requirements and to learn independently.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills and increase ability to be effective team members.
- Demonstrate attitudes that are beneficial to maintaining the security of a computer/network system and assisting people to use that system or network.
- Demonstrate confidence to work independently to setup and maintain computer and networking systems.
- Demonstrate techniques to anticipate and prepare for a variety of unknown situations that might impact the operation of a computer system or network.
- Demonstrate understanding of how computers communicate with each other and the methods employed to assure that the communication is reliable.
- Participate in a structured internship based in the workplace and receive real world, hands on experience.