Registered Nursing Courses
Did You Know…?
70% of the nurses in California received their education from community colleges. Source: Community College League of California.
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a Registered Nursing Program counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- NUR-117 Critical Thinking Development-Intensive
- NUR-118 Strategies for Success
- NUR-119 Strategies for the RN Student
- NUR-301 Foundations of Nursing
- NUR-302 Nursing Care of the Medical-Surgical Patient I
- NUR-303 Nursing Care of Women and Children
- NUR-304 Nursing Care of the Medical-Surgical Patient II
- NUR-305 Nursing Care of the Medical-Surgical Patient III
- NUR-306 Nursing Care of the Mental Health Client and Advanced Gerontologic Care
- NUR-307 Nursing Leadership and Preceptorship
- NUR-315 Clinical Skills Review
- NUR-316 Maternal-Newborn and Women's Health Review
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.