Registered Nursing Courses
Did You Know…?
California community colleges educate 70% of our state's nurses. Source: California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office.
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a Registered Nursing Program counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- NUR-117 Critical Thinking Development-Intensive
- NUR-118 Strategies for Success
- NUR-119 Strategies for the RN Student
- NUR-301 Foundations of Nursing
- NUR-302 Nursing Care of the Medical-Surgical Patient I
- NUR-303 Nursing Care of Women and Children
- NUR-304 Nursing Care of the Medical-Surgical Patient II
- NUR-305 Nursing Care of the Medical-Surgical Patient III
- NUR-306 Nursing Care of the Mental Health Client and Advanced Gerontologic Care
- NUR-307 Nursing Leadership and Preceptorship
- NUR-315 Clinical Skills Review
- NUR-316 Maternal-Newborn and Women's Health Review
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore. The exact textbook and other specific costs are now available for each section on WebAdvisor (select "Book Info").
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Additional supplies may be required and will be listed on the course syllabus on the first day of classes. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.