Student Learning Outcomes in the Registered Nursing Program
Registered Nursing Program Goals
Upon graduation with a Registered Nurse AS Degree, the Nursing student will:
- Qualify for state licensure as a registered nurse by achieving a passing score on the NCLEX-RN.
- Value responsibility for professional development and practice within the ethical and legal framework of nursing.
- Synthesize principles of the nursing process and apply critical thinking to help individuals, families, and communities achieve positive adaptation to change in health or a peaceful death.
- Synthesize principles of communication to effectively relate with individuals, families, groups, and/or colleagues of diverse sociocultural backgrounds in various health care settings.
- Empower individuals, families, and the community to develop positive health behaviors through health promotion and teaching.
- Manage nursing care for individuals, families, and/or communities, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
- Value a commitment to caring.
- Integrate evidenced based concepts of nursing practice across the health care continuum to ensure quality patient centered care.
- Synthesize principles of holistic nursing practice when providing nursing care for clients at various stages in their life span.