Student Learning Outcomes in the Registered Nursing Program
Registered Nursing Program Goals
Upon graduation, the Nursing Student will:
- Qualify for state licensure as a registered nurse by achieving a passing score on the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- Value responsibility for professional development and practice within the ethical and legal framework of nursing.
- Synthesize principles of the nursing process and critical thinking to assist individuals, families and communities to achieve positive adaptation to change in health or a peaceful death.
- Synthesize principles of communication to effectively relate with individuals, families, groups and/or colleagues of diverse sociocultural backgrounds in various health-care settings.
- Synthesize principles of holistic nursing practice when providing nursing care for clients at various stages in their life span.
- Empower individuals, families and the community to develop positive health behaviors through health promotion and teaching.
- Manage nursing care for individuals, families and/or communities, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Value a commitment to caring.
- Integrate evidenced based concepts of nursing practice across the health care continuum to ensure quality patient centered care.