Student Learning Outcomes in the Registered Nursing Program
Upon graduation, the nursing student will::
- Qualify for state licensure as a registered nurse by achieving a passing score on the NCLEX-RN.
- Morally commit to ethical, caring practice in complex health situations with appreciation for diverse perspectives and a holistic view.
- Synthesize holistic nursing process with multiple ways of knowing, including critical thinking and intuition, to effectively care for self and others
- Integrate intentional, respectful communication with caring presence to effectively relate with and advocate for individuals, families, groups, communities, and colleagues of diverse sociocultural backgrounds in various health care settings.
- Partner with individuals, families, and communities through teaching/coaching/learning activities to explore patterns and promote positive health changes for humans and their environment.
- Coordinate and manage seamless nursing care and resources for individuals, families, and/or communities as a collaborative interprofessional leader and team member.
- Value a commitment to self-care and reflective practice.
- Internalize lifelong learning using multiple forms of evidence to improve professional caring practice, clinical competence, patient healing, and the profession of nursing.
- Internalize principles of holistic nursing practice to promote healing and wellness in all life experiences and stages of human development, including the dying process.