Registered Nursing General Education Requirements
- Natural Science (at least 6 units)
- Social Science
- Fine Arts/Humanities (at least 3 units)
- Oral Communication and Analytical Thinking
- English Composition (ENGL-101A or 4-semester-unit equivalent)
- Communication and Analytical Thinking: (NUR101, NUR-102, NUR-103, and NUR-105 satisfies this requirement).
- Mathematics (complete MATH-153, 152, 155 or higher unless minimum proficiency score is obtained on ACCUPLACER Test).
- Physical Education/Wellness
- Complete two semester activity courses (.5-1 unit each); OR
- Complete PE-251 Fitness for Life or AH-130 (3); OR
- Present academic record indicating completion of equivalent work.
- Cultural Diversity: College graduation requirement fulfilled through completion of nursing courses.
Note: "C" grade (2.0) required in each course in the major area and support courses.
See also the following additional requirements: