Steps to Apply for Admission to the Registered Nursing Program
Complete all Eligibility Requirements.
- Go to the Eligibility Requirements and Checklist to review what must be completed before applying to the Registered Nursing Program.
Attend a Mandatory Pre-nursing Orientation Session prior to each application period. Attending the orientation is the only way to obtain a nursing application.
- Go to Mandatory Pre-Nursing Orientation for Prospective Applicants for dates and requirements.
- Attach two official sealed transcripts from all colleges attended to Nursing Application
Obtain approved evaluated substitution waiver if using for prerequisites.
Complete the nursing student academic evaluation form and submit with the application and sealed transcripts.
If you are not a currently-enrolled student at Ohlone College, complete and submit the online Application for Admissions to the Admissions and Records Office.
If you have not met the Reading and Math Eligibility Requirements, take the English and/or Math ACCUPLACER Test.
- Go to ACCUPLACER Test for information, schedules, and test requirements. It is strongly encouraged for students to take the ACCUPLACER Test prior to attending a nursing orientation since testing schedule is limited. You only need to clear it once and can use results again if you need to reapply.
Complete the Nursing Program Application Form including the Multicriteria Scoring Rubric, Worksheets and supporting documents for each criteria claimed.
- The Nursing Program Application Form and the Nursing Student Academic Evaluation Form, the multicriteria scoring rubric and worksheets are available only at the Mandatory Pre-Nursing Orientation for Prospective Applicants.
In accordance with Registered Nursing Program application deadline dates, submit all of the following documents together in one (1) envelope to the Health Sciences Division Office at the Ohlone College Newark Center campus:
- Completed Nursing Program Application Form.
- Completed Nursing Student Academic Evaluation Form.
- Completed Multicriteria scoring rubric, worksheets and supporting documents.
- Two official sealed transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Approved Substitution Waiver if used for prerequisites.
- Unofficial copy of ATI TEAS results.
All required documents and forms must be included in one application packet due by March 1st. Incomplete application packets will not be reviewed. Documents and forms submitted late will not be accepted. Applicants will not receive notification of missing forms and documents so please ensure that your packet is complete.
Watch the Registered Nursing website for updates.
- If you are selected in the multicriteria screening selection process for the Registered Nursing Program, you must meet the Requirements for Enrollment.
For assistance with questions, see the Contact Information for the Registered Nursing Program.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".