Steps to Apply for Admission to the Registered Nursing Program
The Application Period for the Registered Nursing Program is January 15 through March 1, 2015 for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 admissions. See the Annual Academic Application Cycle.
Complete all Eligibility Requirements.
- Go to the Eligibility Requirements and Checklist to review what must be completed before applying to the Registered Nursing Program.
Attend a Mandatory Pre-nursing Orientation Session prior to each application period. Attending the orientation is the only way to obtain a nursing application.
- Go to Mandatory Pre-Nursing Orientation for Prospective Applicants for dates and requirements.
- Attach two official sealed transcripts from all colleges attended to Nursing Application
Attach approved evaluated substitution waiver if using for prerequisites.
Complete the nursing student academic evaluation form and submit with the application and sealed transcripts.
If you are not a currently-enrolled student at Ohlone College, complete and submit the online Application for Admissions to the Admissions and Records Office.
If you have not met the Reading and Math Eligibility Requirements, take the English and/or Math ACCUPLACER Test.
- Go to ACCUPLACER Test for information, schedules, and test requirements. It is strongly encouraged for students to take the ACCUPLACER Test prior to attending a nursing orientation since testing schedule is limited. You only need to clear it once and can use results again if you need to reapply.
Complete the Nursing Program Application Form.
- The Nursing Program Application Form is available only at the Mandatory Pre-Nursing Orientation for Prospective Applicants.
In accordance with Registered Nursing Program application deadline dates, submit all of the following documents together in one (1) envelope to the Health Sciences Division Office at the Ohlone College Newark Center campus:
- Completed Nursing Program Application Form.
- Completed Nursing Student Academic Evaluation Form.
- Two Official sealed transcripts from all colleges.
Watch the Registered Nursing website for updates.
- If you are selected in the random selection process for the Registered Nursing Program, you must meet the Requirements for Enrollment.
For assistance with questions, see the Contact Information for the Registered Nursing Program.Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".