Steps to Apply for Admission to the Registered Nursing Program
The Application Deadline for the Registered Nursing Program is April 1-15, 2014 for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 admissions. See the Annual Academic Application Cycle.
Complete all Eligibility Requirements.
- Go to the Eligibility Requirements and Checklist to review what must be completed before applying to the Registered Nursing Program.
Attend a Mandatory Pre-nursing Orientation Session during the semester the students plans to apply or reapply.
- Go to Mandatory Pre-Nursing Orientation for Prospective Applicants for dates and requirements.
Get Transcripts and Course Descriptions.
- Attach sealed official copies of all college transcripts to Nursing Application
- Obtain catalog course descriptions for nursing support and general education courses for which you plan to request credit.
Make an appointment with a Registered Nursing Program Counselor to…
- Determine eligibility for admission to the Registered Nursing Program.
- Have the Nursing Student Academic Evaluation Form completed by Counselor
- Have your score on the Chancellor's Prerequisite Advisory Formula calculated (you must earn a cut score of 75% or higher).
See Scheduling Mandatory Nursing Evaluation (PDF) for Information on how to make the Counseling appointment. Note: These Counseling services are not available on a drop-in basis.
If you are not a currently-enrolled student at Ohlone College, complete and submit the online Application for Admissions to the Admissions and Records Office.
If you have not met the Reading and Math Eligibility Requirements, take the ACCUPLACER Reading and/or Math Assessment Test.
- Go to ACCUPLACER Test for information, schedules, and test requirements.
Beginning with the application period for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 admissions, all students must take the ATI TEAS V (Test of Essential Academic Skills) before applying to the Registered Nursing Program.
- Go to ATI TEAS V for information.
Complete the Nursing Program Application Form.
- The Nursing Program Application Form is available only at the Mandatory Pre-Nursing Orientation for Prospective Applicants.
In accordance with Registered Nursing Program application deadline dates, submit all of the following documents together in one (1) envelope to the Health Sciences Division Office at the Ohlone College Newark Center campus:
- Completed Nursing Program Application Form.
- Completed Nursing Student Academic Evaluation Form.
- Official transcripts from all colleges.
- Copy of LVN license (if applicable). LVN's wishing to begin the program as a generic student may apply.
Watch the Registered Nursing website for updates.
- If you are selected in the random selection process for the Registered Nursing Program, you must meet the Requirements for Enrollment.
For assistance with questions, see the Contact Information for the Registered Nursing Program.Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".