Procedure for Obtaining Coursework Substitution Waivers for the Registered Nursing Program
(If your coursework is found on the Nursing Articulation GRID on page 3 of the Nursing application, you do not need a substitution/waiver processed.)
How to have your out of state or private coursework evaluated and obtain a substitution/waiver:
Students who are using coursework from a private or out of state college must have substitution waivers evaluated by the various Ohlone Deans and approved. You will need to obtain waiver substitutions before meeting for your mandatory Nursing evaluation if you took English, Math, Nutrition, Lifespan Psychology, Speech, Anatomy, Physiology, and/or Microbiology at a private or out-of-state college. You will contact the various Ohlone College Departments for processing your waiver. You will need a copy of the course description, and a copy of an official transcript showing the course(s) completed and grade earned. Allow plenty of time for this as it can take a several weeks to get the results back from the various deans at Ohlone.
The phone number for processing your Math, Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology waiver is:
- (510) 659-6191
- Irene Benavidez, Executive Assistant to the Dean of Science, Technology, and Engineering—Dean Mike Holtzclaw
- Fremont campus, Building FP-26
The phone number for processing your Speech and English waiver is:
- (510) 659-6173
- Kathleen Martinez, Executive Assistant to the Dean of Language and Communication—Dean Mark Lieu
- Fremont campus, Room HH-227, Hyman Hall, second floor
The phone number for processing your Nutrition waiver is:
- (510) 742-3100
- JoAnne Serran, Executive Assistant to the Dean of Health Sciences and Environmental Studies—Dean Gale Carli
- Newark campus, Room NC1324, first floor, Wing 3
The phone number for processing your Lifespan Psychology waiver is:
- (510) 659-6216
- Sheila Holland, Executive Assistant to the Dean of Arts and Social Sciences—Dean Walt Birkedahl
- Fremont campus, Smith Center, Room SC-147, Smith Center, first floor
You may be able to obtain a fax number in order to send your pertinent paperwork via fax by asking the various departments when you make your call to them. Be sure to obtain a copy for your nursing evaluation since your evaluation will not be able to be signed off without this paperwork. Download the Substitution/Waiver Form (PDF).Skip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".