Elaine Cho, Adjunct Faculty - Mathematics Department
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
- Take Notes: Students should copy down all notes on the board and all the steps teacher shows in warm ups and examples. (Model students tend to highlight or bubble side notes for extra reminders.)
- Participate & Ask Questions: Students are encouraged to participate in class, not for the purpose of "showing off" but to obtain an immediate feedback if he/she is on the right line of thought
- Do Homework & Review Notes: Students should review notes prior to doing homework every night. Be sure to ask any questions the next day!
- Study for Tests: Study (don't just read through but make sure you understand the "why" behind the "how" ) all Warm Ups and notes.
- Practice More: Please use extra practice problems in the back of textbook.