College Success Personal Development Courses - Counseling Department
Do you want increase your potential for college success?
Research shows us that new students who take college success classes are more successful in college than those who do not. To increase your chances of college success, enroll in one of these Personal Development classes today:
- PD-105 (3 units) College Success - online! (see online classes) This class also fulfills Area E on the CSU Plan B GE pattern.
- PD-113 (2 units) Strategies for Succeeding in College (also an online class)
- PD-111 (1 unit) Strategies for College Success
PD 105, PD 111 and PD 113 are UC and CSU transferable.
The average GPA for new students who took PD classes in Spring 2011 was 2.9 compared to the average of students not enrolled in PD which was 2.7.
The rate for new students who took PD in Spring 2011 and re-enrolled for the following term was 81% compared to 64% for students not enrolled in PD for Spring.
- Need help with study skills, time management and goal setting?
- Would you like to understand more about degree, certificate, and transfer requirements?
- Want to learn more about the college environment and resources?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then our Personal Development College Success classes are for you! To register for these classes, look for "PD - Personal Development" courses in the online Class Schedule.
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore. The exact textbook and other specific costs are now available for each section on WebAdvisor (select "Book Info").
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Additional supplies may be required and will be listed on the course syllabus on the first day of classes. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.