College Success Personal Development Courses - Counseling Department
Do you want increase your potential for college success?
Research shows us that new students who take college success classes are more successful in college than those who do not. To increase your chances of college success, enroll in one of these Personal Development classes today:
- PD-105 (3 units) College Success - online! (see online classes) This class also fulfills Area E on the CSU Plan B GE pattern.
- PD-113 (2 units) Strategies for Succeeding in College (also an online class)
- PD-111 (1 unit) Strategies for College Success
PD 105, PD 111 and PD 113 are UC and CSU transferable.
The average GPA for new students who took PD classes in Spring 2016 was 3.1 compared to the average of students not enrolled in PD which was 1.7.
The rate for new students who took PD in Fall 2015 and re-enrolled for the following term was 95% compared to 54% for students not enrolled in PD for Spring.
- Need help with study skills, time management and goal setting?
- Would you like to understand more about degree, certificate, and transfer requirements?
- Want to learn more about the college environment and resources?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then our Personal Development College Success classes are for you! To register for these classes, look for "PD - Personal Development" courses in the searchable online Class Schedule.
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.