Psychology Club Speaker Series
The Ohlone College Psychology Club is proud to announce the Fall 2014 installments in the Psychology Club Speaker Series.
SGU-Geo Skeptical Extravaganza and Quiz Show
Join all the guys from the Skeptics' Guide to the Universe cast (Steve Novella, Bob Novella, Jay Novella, and Evan Bernstein), along with musician and emcee George Hrab for a skeptical extravaganza and quiz show. This 90-minute blowout will include:
- Quiz Show
- Lame Jokes
- General Geekdom and
- Skeptical Fun!
Hosted by the Ohlone College Psychology Club and the Bay Area Skeptics.
- Saturday, November 22, 2014
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- Jackson Theatre, Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts, Ohlone College, Fremont campus
- Event Parking: $2
- Smith Center Box Office / Information
(Unfortunately, Rebecca Watson from SGU will not be able to attend.)
About the Psychology Club Speaker Series
The Ohlone College Psychology Club began its Speaker Series in Spring of 2009 with the mission of hosting talks from professionals whose work contributes to critical thinking, skepticism, and science.
Each talk is focused on a specific theme which is the topic of discussion and learning at each of our weekly club meetings that semester. This allows us to invite a new prominent speaker to contribute her or his knowledge and perspective every semester. Lively conversation, debate, and collaboration are hallmarks of these events.
The talks are the result of the hard work of Psychology Club members who volunteer their time to plan and execute the entire event. All proceeds are used to fund future educational talks.
If you are interested in joining or learning more about the Ohlone College Psychology Club, please contact Sheldon Helms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use these links to learn about past speaker events:
- Nancy Segal "Twins Raised Apart: The Science Behind the Stories", October 10, 2014
- Mary Johnson "How I Became a Nun and Disappointed Mother Teresa: An Examination of Commitment Mechanisms by a Former Nun", February 21, 2014
- Bryan & Baxter, Paranormal Claims Investigators, April 1, 2013
- Dr. Carol Tavris "Mistakes Were Made (but not by me)", October 12, 2012
- James Randi, "Prophecy, Divination, and Faith Healing", April 13, 2012
- Dr. Anthony Pratkanis, "Selling FlimFlam" The Social Psychology of Influence, October 28, 2011
- Dr. Eugenie Scott, "Evolution vs. Creationism", March 17, 2011
- "My Journey from Evil to Heroism" An Evening with Dr. Philip Zimbardo, November 18, 2010
- "Health Scams and Myths" An Evening with Brian Dunning, April 16, 2010
- "The Real Rain Man" An Evening with Kim Peek, October 30, 2009
- "Why People Believe Weird Things" An Evening with Michael Shermer, March 6, 2009