Psychology Club Speaker Series
Check back for information about our Fall 2013 speaker!
About the Psychology Club Speaker Series
The Ohlone College Psychology Club began its Speaker Series in Spring of 2009 with the mission of hosting talks from professionals whose work contributes to critical thinking, skepticism, and science.
Each talk is focused on a specific theme which is the topic of discussion and learning at each of our weekly club meetings that semester. This allows us to invite a new prominent speaker to contribute her or his knowledge and perspective every semester. Lively conversation, debate, and collaboration are hallmarks of these events.
The talks are the result of the hard work of Psychology Club members who volunteer their time to plan and execute the entire event. All proceeds are used to fund future educational talks.
If you are interested in joining or learning more about the Ohlone College Psychology Club, please contact Sheldon Helms at email@example.com.
Use these links to learn about past speaker events:
- Mary Johnson "How I Became a Nun and Disappointed Mother Teresa: An Examination of Commitment Mechanisms by a Former Nun", February 21, 2014
- Bryan & Baxter, Paranormal Claims Investigators, April 1, 2013
- Dr. Carol Tavris "Mistakes Were Made (but not by me)", October 12, 2012
- James Randi, "Prophecy, Divination, and Faith Healing", April 13, 2012
- Dr. Anthony Pratkanis, "Selling FlimFlam" The Social Psychology of Influence, October 28, 2011
- Dr. Eugenie Scott, "Evolution vs. Creationism", March 17, 2011
- "My Journey from Evil to Heroism" An Evening with Dr. Philip Zimbardo, November 18, 2010
- "Health Scams and Myths" An Evening with Brian Dunning, April 16, 2010
- "The Real Rain Man" An Evening with Kim Peek, October 30, 2009
- "Why People Believe Weird Things" An Evening with Michael Shermer, March 6, 2009