Clinical Education for the Physical Therapist Assistant Program
During all clinical education placements, your Ohlone College PTA Program faculty contact is the Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE) whose contact information is:
- PTA-301: Clinical Practicum I
- PTA-302: Clinical Practicum II
- PTA-303: Clinical Internship
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Have specific questions about how your facility can enhance its clinical education program? Need to know how to assess the CCCEs or CIs at your facility? Do you have a student from Ohlone coming to your clinic but you aren't sure what coursework they have completed or what the goals for the affiliation are? Check out these links provided to help your facility and staff succeed at clinical education.
- Ohlone College Clinical Education Manual (PDF, 1.3 MB) [After an Ohlone College student has been accepted into the PTA Program, he/she is given the appropriate information to access this password-protected manual]
- Contains Ohlone College PTA Program information including specifics for each clinical rotation regarding coursework completed, expectations of student performance, evaluation criteria, and forms for completion to assess student performance.
- Northern California Clinical Education Consortium
- An organization with representation from all Northern California physical therapist and physical therapists assistant education programs and clinical representatives from the region.
- APTA Clinical Education Resources