Physical Therapist Assistant Courses
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- PTA-101 Introduction to Physical Therapy
- PTA-102 Pathology
- PTA-103/4 Kinesiology
- PTA-105A/B Therapeutic Exercise
- PTA-106 Orthopedics
- PTA-108 Advanced Modalities
- PTA-109 Physical Therapy Through the Life Span
- PTA-110 Neurological Disorders
- PTA-111 Advanced Procedures
- PTA-119/KIN-256 Sports Performance Testing
- PTA-140 PTA Licensure Preparation
- PTA-301/302 Clinical Practicum
- PTA-303 Clinical Internship
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore. The exact textbook and other specific costs are now available for each section on WebAdvisor (select "Book Info").
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Additional supplies may be required and will be listed on the course syllabus on the first day of classes. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.