Graduate Outcome Measures for the Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Licensure Exam Pass Rates for Ohlone College PTA Program Graduates
Ohlone College PTA Program graduates have posted a 100% pass rate on the National Physical Therapist Assistant Exam (NPTAE) since 2007. (Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy website.)
Ohlone PTA Program Goals
By providing a comprehensive and forward-looking curriculum that mirrors the current standards of practice in physical therapy, the graduate will be:
- Prepared for practice in a variety of settings that serve diverse patient populations.
- Able to practice within the laws and regulations of California and ethical tenets of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Able to apply evidence based knowledge, skills, and demeanor that engender comprehensive assistance to the patient and the supervising physical therapist so that treatment goals may be reached effectively and expediously.
- Able to self-evaluate learning needs to advance in the profession and improve skills for providing patient care.
- An effective communicator (oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills) who benefits patients, colleagues, and other members of the health care team.
American Physical Therapy Association information on demographics and statistics provided by Ohlone College PTA Program.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".