Real Estate Courses
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- RE-117 Computer Applications in Real Estate
- RE-121 Real Estate Principles
- RE-122 Real Estate Practice
- RE-124 Legal Aspects of Real Estate
- RE-126 Real Estate Finance
- RE-128 Real Estate Appraisal
- RE-131 Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending
- RE-132 Real Estate Economics
- RE-149 Real Estate Property Management
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Upon successful completion of the courses in this discipline, the student will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrate five skills/tasks that are performed by a real estate professional.
- Demonstrate five code of ethics conducts by which a real estate professional must abide.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software used in the real estate industry.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the day-to-day business of real estate including how to do listings, deposit receipts, open escrows, and securing financing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the basic principles of California real estate law.
- Analyze real estate financing.
- Analyze the real estate appraisal process.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the basic principles of real estate property management.