The Ohlone College Science Seminar Series program features distinguished speakers who address interesting topics related to science or technology.
Sponsored by ASOC. The seminars are free and open to the public.
- Card Counting: What is it, how does it work, and can I use it to pay for college? (and if it does work, do I even have to go to college?!?)
by Jeff O’Connell, Ohlone Math Professor
- Friday, March 21, 2014, 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Room 3201, Building 3, second floor, Fremont campus
- The game blackjack dates back to the 17th century and has been played in casinos ever since. It is unique from other casino games in the sense that, under certain conditions, the player can have an advantage over the house. This talk will cover the Mathematics behind card counting, how card counting can give the player an advantage, and the 4 reasons why Mr. O does not, has not, and never will count cards in a casino.
- See also this event on Facebook