Speech & Communication Studies Courses
Conversion of SPCH to COMM Courses
Starting Summer 2016, Speech and Communication Studies (SPCH) Department courses are being taught in the Communication Studies (COMM) Department. Get more information, including a chart that explains the change of SPCH courses to the COMM Department.
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- SPCH-101 Introduction to Public Speaking
- SPCH-102 Small Group Communication / Critical Thinking
- SPCH-103 Interpersonal Communication
- SPCH-104 Critical Thinking / Persuasion
- SPCH-105 Intercultural Communication
- SPCH-106 Critical Thinking / Argumentation and Debate
- SPCH-107 Leadership Communication
- SPCH-108 Gender Communication
- SPCH-110A1/2 Forensics Workshop
- SPCH-110A3 Forensics Competition
- SPCH-112A1/2 Argumentation and Debate Workshop
- SPCH-112A3 Competitive Argumentation and Debate
- SPCH-114A1/2 Oral Interpretation Workshop
- SPCH-114A3 Oral Interpretation Competition
- SPCH/BA-115 Career Communication
- SPCH-116 Listening Techniques
- SPCH-122 Family Communication
- SPCH/TD-130 Oral Communication of Literature
- SPCH/TD-132 Voice and Diction
- SPCH-190A/B/C Speech Communication Lab Consultant
- COMM-100 Introduction to Communication Theory
- COMM/MM-108 Visual Communication
- COMM-124 Introduction to Health Communication
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.