Speech and Communication Studies Degrees and Certificates
Interested? Want to know more?
If you are interested in learning more about these certificates or the Transfer AA Degree in Communication Studies, please contact:
- Brenda Ahntholz, Room FP-22-102, Fremont campus, (510) 979-7934
- Teresa Massimo, Room NC2114, second floor, Wing 1, Newark campus, (510) 742-2382
- Larissa Favela, Room FP-22-103, Fremont campus, (510) 659-6226
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degrees
- Speech and Communication Studies A.A.Degree (PDF)
- Liberal Arts: Speech and Communication Emphasis A.A. Degree (PDF)
Did You Know…?
Some 11,839 Associate in Arts for Transfer and Associate in Science for Transfer degrees, which guarantee students admission to California State University, were conferred in 2013-2014, double the figure from the previous academic year. Source: California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office.
Certificates of Accomplishment
- Business Communication Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Forensics Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Intercultural Communication Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- International Business Certificate of Achievement (PDF)
- Interpersonal Communication Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Leadership Communication Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Mass Communication Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Oral Interpretation Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Speech & Communication Studies Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
To qualify for a Speech & Communication Studies Certificate, students must earn a “B” grade or better in each of the required courses, and all courses must be taken at Ohlone College. Completed courses can be applied to multiple certificates. To apply for certificates, please complete the Application for Speech & Communication Studies Certificate (PDF). Application deadline for Fall semester is January 1 and the Spring semester is June 1 and must be turned in to Brenda Ahntholz’ mailbox in the Mail Room, Fremont campus.
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.
Related Information at Ohlone
- Frequently Asked Questions about Speech & Communication Studies
- Speech Club
- Application for Speech & Communication Studies Certificate (PDF)
- Theater and Dance
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".