The Ohlone College Speech & Communication Studies Department and the ASOC invite everyone to attend the Communication Colloquium Series. The events are free and open to all Ohlone College employees and students. When a larger room is available, these events will be open to the public, but until then they are only for Ohlone students and employees.
- "Assert Yourself: Making your point and getting what you want"
- Friday, September 19, 2014
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Room 3101, Building 3, first floor, Fremont campus
- Speaker: Rae Ann Ianniello, Speech Communication faculty
- Assert Yourself flyer (PDF)
- "Construction of Gender Identity in Sports Media Messages"
- Thursday, September 25, 2014
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Room NC1100, first floor, Wing 1, Newark campus
- Speaker: Nick Chivers
- Civic Engagement Colloquium
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- Room 7101, Building 7, first floor, Fremont campus
- Congressional Representatives from the Ro Khanna campaign and Mike Honda campaign will be speaking about civic engagement. A question and answer session is planned as well as time for you to meet and chat with the representatives. We hope to see you there! Download Civic Enagement Colloquium flyer (PDF).
- "How Hidden is Agenda? Political Communication 101"
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Room NP-12, Newark campus (NP = Newark Portable)
- Speaker: Barbara Myslik
- "Diversity in the Workplace"
- Thursday, October 23, 2014
- 8:00pm - 9:30pm
- Room 2133, Building 2, first floor, Fremont campus
- Speaker: Yoav Zeevi (VP of Facebook)
- Showcase of New Speech Communication Courses for Spring 2015
- Friday, October 24, 2014
- 12:15pm - 1:15pm
- Room 3201, Building 3, second floor, Fremont campus
- Speakers: Capri Burrows (new course: Performance Studies) and Krista Phair (new course: Health Communication)
(Schedule is subject to change without notice.)
Thank you to the Associated Students of Ohlone College (ASOC) for a grant to fund this speakers series.
Go to the Archive of Speech Speaker Seminars.