Theatre and Dance Department
- Thursday - Saturday, April 25-27, 2013
- Smith Center at Ohlone College
Dancers journey through childhood memories of visiting Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and Louisiana. Conceived and directed by Janel Tomblin-Brown. More information about Southern Comfort.
The Kennedy Center invited The Time Machine: Love Among the Eloi to perform at the Western Regional Conference at Humboldt State University in February 2011. We were one of only four plays selected to represent the colleges and universities from the nine western states of the United States.
Enjoy this very condensed version of Ohlone College Theatre and Dance Department's The Time Machine: Love Among the Eloi being presented at the American College Theatre Festival in Humboldt, CA.
Like trying on different personalities?
Enjoy these photos of the creative students in a Theatre and Dance makeup class!
- Students will gather at Ohlone College for High School Theatre Festival, March 19, 2013, Tri-City Voice - More than 650 high school students will travel from as far as Grass Valley to participate in Ohlone College's 19th Annual High School Theatre Festival this month. The two-day festival takes place March 22 and 23 on the Ohlone College Fremont Campus, attracting high school students from over 22 schools across California.
- Ohlone College drama students invited to prestigious festival, February 13, 2013, Inside Bay Area - Ohlone College theater students last year took a risk by reinterpreting a popular but off-color play that depicts Charlie Brown and other "Peanuts" characters as wild teenagers searching for themselves.
- Ohlone students nominated for acting awards - March 2, 2012, Tri-City Voice - From Gregory Peck to Danny Glover, the acting prowess that has its roots in the Bay Area is quite amazing. And it continues to expand. Two Ohlone College students, Steven Vogel and Chris Joseph, have been nominated for the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Awards at the American College Theatre Festival (ACTF).
- Memorial Service for Beloved Ohlone College Drama Professor, April 8, 2011 press release - On March 25, Ohlone College lost a beloved former professor in the Drama Department. Norman Kirschbaum, was a longtime highly regarded drama instructor, costume and fine jewelry designer, and craftsman.
- Ohlone College play picked for Humboldt festival - February 1, 2011, Inside Bay Area - The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival has invited Ohlone College's theater department to perform this month at Humboldt State University in Arcata. Ohlone will perform "The Time Machine: Love Among the Eloi" at the Western Regional Conference at Humboldt on Feb. 16.
- Down the Rabbit Hole and on to D.C. - February 11, 2010, Ohlone College Monitor - Students in last semester’s Dance and Theatre Department had an outstanding fall theatre production of the Rabbit Hole. … Six students from Ohlone’s Theatre and Dance Department will be competing in this year’s Festival, along with students from Alaska, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Montana, Washington and Wyoming.
- Theatre Preview: Emotional dive into Rabbit Hole - November 11, 2009, Tri-City Voice - The Ohlone College Department of Theatre and Dance drop us into the dark, tight cellar of tragedy and grief with their production of "Rabbit Hole" showing now through November 21st. Written by David Lindsay-Abaire the play first premiered at the Pacific Playwrights Festival in 2005 and went on to be a hit on Broadway where it earned five Tony Award nominations. Its success was then crowned with the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
- Top High School Artists Perform - April 10, 2008, Fremont Bulletin - Ohlone College's 14th annual High School Theatre Festival was held Saturday and Sunday, hosted by the Department of Theatre and Dance.
- Ohlone dancers travel to China - September 20, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor - Two of the four Ohlone dance companies traveled to China in May—Footnotes and Beatz n Pieces. Janel Tomblin-Brown’s cultural exchange dance group totaled 20 students—three theater technicians and three Beatz n Pieces dancers, with the rest coming from Footnotes.
- Much Ado About Nothing prep begins - September 13, 2007, Ohlone College Monitor - Ohlone’s fall play, a modern adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing, one of Shakespeare’s comedies, is planned by Drama Director Tom Blank. Auditions for the cast were held during the last week in May, but the final casting call was held only recently.
DivisionSkip plugin info.
Adobe Flash Player (free) is required to play the multimedia elements on this page.