Theatre and Dance Department
The Kennedy Center invited The Time Machine: Love Among the Eloi to perform at the Western Regional Conference at Humboldt State University in February 2011. We were one of only four plays selected to represent the colleges and universities from the nine western states of the United States.
Enjoy this very condensed version of Ohlone College Theatre and Dance Department's The Time Machine: Love Among the Eloi being presented at the American College Theatre Festival in Humboldt, CA.
Like trying on different personalities?
- Douglas Cattaneo, class of 1970, worked several decades at Cal State Hayward Theatre Department as the senior theatre technician. Doug also served as the head of the Local Stagehands Union #16 for Alameda county. He continued to be associated with Ohlone Drama by loaning props, teaching classes and design work. Doug also worked for the Ohlone PE department, running sound systems for their games. Sadly we have learned that Doug peacefully passed away on November 21, 2013 at home. He is survived by Ruthie his wife and their children.
- Mark O. Ward performed and worked on several shows in the newly built Smith Center at Ohlone College, and appeared in the 2001 version of A Flea in Her Ear. We recently learned that Mark peacefully passed away from complications from diabetes.
- Steven Alvarez played Judas Iscariot in the 1979 production of Jesus Christ Superstar. He also played in the pit orchestra under Phil Zahorsky the following two summers (Man of LaMancha and West Side Story). A San Jose State graduate and is currently working as a musician, stage actor and producer having since performed the role of Jesus and Judas (again), among others. He founded the Theatre Artists United in Anchorage, Alaska, and produces/music directs and at times performs in their annual productions. You can see more about his current gig on the Theatre Artists United Facebook Page. Good going Steven…
- Students will gather at Ohlone College for High School Theatre Festival, March 19, 2013, Tri-City Voice - More than 650 high school students will travel from as far as Grass Valley to participate in Ohlone College's 19th Annual High School Theatre Festival this month. The two-day festival takes place March 22 and 23 on the Ohlone College Fremont Campus, attracting high school students from over 22 schools across California.
- Ohlone College drama students invited to prestigious festival, February 13, 2013, Inside Bay Area - Ohlone College theater students last year took a risk by reinterpreting a popular but off-color play that depicts Charlie Brown and other "Peanuts" characters as wild teenagers searching for themselves.
- Ohlone students nominated for acting awards - March 2, 2012, Tri-City Voice - From Gregory Peck to Danny Glover, the acting prowess that has its roots in the Bay Area is quite amazing. And it continues to expand. Two Ohlone College students, Steven Vogel and Chris Joseph, have been nominated for the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Awards at the American College Theatre Festival (ACTF).