Auditions for Fall 2013 Theatre Production:
Jesus Christ Superstar - 2013-2014 Season of the Theatre and Dance Department
For performance dates and tickets, go to Fall 2013 Theatre Production: Jesus Christ Superstar.
Singers! Actors! Dancers!
"Always thought that I'd be an apostle"? Male and female performers will have a chance to follow Jesus in the upcoming, Fall 2013 production of Jesus Christ Superstar!
- Auditions for singers and actors: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 9:30am - 2:00pm. No appointments. First come, first served.
- A second round of Auditions has been announced! Scheduled for August 28.
- Dance Auditions have been scheduled separately from acting/singing auditions: August 28 and September 7, 2013.
- Location: Ohlone College Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts, NUMMI Studio Theatre, 43600 Mission Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94539
- Rehearsals start Saturday, September 2013
- November 6, 2013 (preview)
- November 7-9, 2013 (opening weekend)
- November 14-16, 2013
- November 21-23, 2013
Auditioners should bring 32 bars of sheet music in contemporary pop/rock style and a current photograph or snapshot. Piano accompaniment provided. All vocal ranges and styles are encouraged—tenors (rock style) especially sought. Some traditionally male roles are open to men or women! Non-equity. No stipends provided.
Superstar, the story of Jesus Christ from Palm Sunday through the crucifixion, made its world premiere on Broadway at the Mark Hellinger October 12, 1971. It ran for 720 performances. The original London production ran for eight years and 3,358 performances. Songs from the show include the U.S. chart hits "I Don't Know How to Love Him," "Could We Start Again Please" and "Superstar."
- Direction: Michael Navarra
- Vocal Direction: Janet Holmes
- Choreography: Janel Tomblin-Brown
- Set Design: Fred Alim
- Lighting Design: Matthew O'Donnell
- Costume Design: Tamara Cooper
For more information, please contact Fred Alim at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 659-6169.