Auditions for Fall 2013 Theatre Production:
Jesus Christ Superstar - 2013-2014 Season of the Theatre and Dance Department
For performance dates and tickets, go to Fall 2013 Theatre Production: Jesus Christ Superstar.
When society falls apart, where will you go?
Join the movement!
Open Singer and Dancer auditions for a post-apocalyptic Jesus Christ Superstar, which will be set in a landscape somewhere between Mad Max and Burning Man.
Set in a 2033… After years of nuclear fallout and global warming society has continued to deteriorate. The one percent has now become the point one percent; the middle class has disappeared. The very few rich control everything; the politicians, military, and the state sponsored religion. As civilization reaches its end a messiah appears.
- Acting/Singing Auditions: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 6:00pm - 9:00pm. Contact the Director for an audition appointment time: Michael Navarra at email@example.com.
- Location: Ohlone College Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts, NUMMI Studio Theatre, 43600 Mission Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94539
- Dance Auditions (more info): Saturday, August 31, 2013, 1:00pm in the Ohlone College Dance Studio with Choreographer Janel Tomblin-Brown
- Additional Dance Auditions (more info): Saturday, September 7, 2013, 1:00pm in the Ohlone College Dance Studio with Choreographer Janel Tomblin-Brown
- Rehearsals begin in September 2013
- November 6, 2013 (Preview)
- November 7-9, 2013
- November 14-16, 2013
- November 21-23, 2013
- Non-equity. No stipends provided.
Actors/Singers: Bring 32 bars of sheet music in contemporary pop/rock style and a current photograph or snapshot. Piano accompaniment provided. All vocal ranges and styles encouraged-tenors (rock style) especially sought. Traditional male casting can be either gender.
Dancers: Wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to learn a short combination. Please bring a current photograph.
- Direction: Michael Navarra - Mr. Navarra works professionally as an director, producer, and actor in both theatre and film.
- Vocal Direction: Janet Holmes
- Choreography: Janel Tomblin-Brown
- Set Design: Fred Alim
- Lighting Design: Matthew O'Donnell
- Costume Design: Tamara Cooper
For more information, please contact Fred Alim at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 659-6169.