Theatre and Dance Degrees and Certificates
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
Theatre Arts for Transfer A.A. Degree (AA-T) (PDF) - Provides a foundation in theater arts for students interested in pursuing a baccalaureate degree in Theatre, with an acting or technical emphasis, or pursuing a career in the entertainment industry, with a foundation of knowledge and experience in theatrical performance, design/technology, and/or management. A variety of productions are offered to provide students with a broad range of practical, hands-on, experience and training. Students will be introduced to theatrical history, scenic, costume, lighting, sound, make-up design, acting, directing, and management through coursework and production opportunities. A balanced, well-rounded theatrical foundation helps students develop confidence and enables them to move from competence to excellence in whatever profession they choose. A theatrical education provides students with experience in collaborative learning, problem solving, and critical thinking, which is a valuable base from which to aunch a career in film, television, stage, management, marketing, advertising, law, politics, theology, social work, or in therapeutic fields.
Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degrees
- Entertainment Design and Technology A.A. Degree (PDF) - Designed to prepare students for the various fields of the Entertainment Design and Technology industry. Special competency areas can be directed toward lighting, audio, live event management, scenery, or costumes. The program offers Certificates of Achievement for students intending to go directly into the workplace, as well as for entertainment industry professionals desiring to enhance their skills.
- Fine Arts: Theatre and Dance Concentration A.A. Degree (PDF) - The Associate in Arts degree in Fine Arts has three concentrations: Art; Music; and Theatre and Dance. Students may choose one of the concentrations to earn a degree in Fine Arts. These courses emphasize the study of cultural and humanistic activities and artistic expression of human beings. Students will evaluate and interpret the ways in which people through the ages in different cultures have responded to themselves and the world around them in artistic and cultural creation. Students will also learn to value aesthetic understanding and incorporate these concepts when constructing value judgments.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificates of Accomplishment
- Audio Technician Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Ballet Dance Teacher/Choreographer Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Costuming Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Jazz Dance Teacher/Choreographer Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Live Event Management Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Modern Dance Teacher/Choreographer Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Stage Craft Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Tap Dance Teacher/Choreographer Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Theatrical and TV Lighting Technician Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.
Related Information at Ohlone
- Entertainment Design and Technology Program
- Broadcasting - Film, Television, and Video
- Broadcasting - Radio
- Interior Design
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".