Faculty and Staff in the Theatre and Dance Department
Design, General Education
Mark continues a long association with the college. He was hired in the fall of 1976, and took a leave of absence from 1983 to 1985 to earn his MFA at UCLA.
Tom joined the college in 1993 with a BA from USF and an MFA from UCLA. He comes from 15 years of teaching at Fullerton College and over 200 professional/educational shows to his credit.
Technical, Design, Entertainment Technology
Room SC-102, Smith Center, first floor, Fremont campus
Fred Alim, local native and Ohlone theatre major, has worked with the department for over 20 years as the stage technician. He has designed, built or produced over 100 productions.
Entertainment Design & Technology Instructor
Room SC-216, Smith Center, second floor, Fremont campus
Award winning lighting designer Matt O'Donnell has joined the faculty at Ohlone College's Department of Theatre and Dance. Formerly based in L.A., Matt has worked extensively in all aspects of live production - from theatre to international concert touring to corporate and celebrity events. He looks forward to enhancing Ohlone's Entertainment Design Technology program as a training ground for professional technicians and designers.
- Dor Atkinson (Theatre Appreciation)
- Tamara Cooper (Costume Design and Construction)
- Jeff Kramer (Theatre Improvisation)
- Romeo Marquez Jr. (Beginning Acting, High School Theatre Festival point person, and Production Producer)
- Rich Perez (Acting for The Camera)
- Michael Smith (Intermediate Acting, Directing for the Stage)
Janel Tomblin Brown
Dance Instructor, Director of Dance
- Cassie Begley (Contemporary dance and Director of Bliss Dance Company)
- Ineke Rush (Ballet)
- Keith Pinto (Hip Hop)
- Sergio Suarez (Hip Hop and Director of Fresh Dynamix Dance Company)