21st Annual Ohlone College High School Theatre Festival
The Ohlone College Theatre and Dance Department is proud to bring together Northern California’s finest high school students in grades 10-12 for two days of competition, inspiration, and instruction.
- Festival Dates: March 20-21, 2015
- HS Theatre Festival Regulations 2015 (PDF)
- HS Theatre Festival Checklist 2015 (PDF)
- HS Theatre Festival Registration Matrix 2015 (XLS)
- Ohlone College Health Waiver Form 2015 (PDF)
- Photo Release Form (DOCX)
- School Permission Form (DOCX)
- How to apply for admission
- Residency for Non-US Citizens
See also the press release: 800 High School Students Compete at Ohlone College 21st Annual Theatre Festival, March 26, 2015.
About the Judges
The festival draws judges from all aspects of theater and film, including actors, directors, designers, photographers and teachers. Their credentials are extensive and range from out of state theatre and performance companies, such as Cirque du Soleil, Boston Ballet, Williamstown Theater Festival and Yale Repertory Theatre; to Bay Area companies, such as American Conservatory Theater (ACT), San Francisco Opera, California Shakespeare Theater (CalShakes), and Berkeley Repertory Theatre. Faculty representing several CSUs and private universities in the area and out of state also participate as judges. See the complete portfolio of the judges’ background, below.
This year, a special award was given by Lisa Keating, a premiere headshot photographer who won IMTA's* "best headshot" in the United States. She's been published in multiple magazines and newspapers across the United States including (Fortune Magazine, The New York Times, The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Billboard and others. The award offers a high school student a complimentary headshot session with Lisa.
Judge come from professional theatre and film actors, directors, designers, casting directors, photographers, filmmakers, and teachers working in theatre, film, and television. Various of the judges have worked Off-Broadway at Playwrights Horizons, Cirque du Soleil, American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco Opera, TheatreWorks, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Berkshire Theatre Festival, Arena Stage, Boston Ballet, California Shakespeare Theater, Yale Repertory Theatre, Aurora Theatre Company, The Shotgun Players, the Magic Theatre, SF Playhouse, Marin Theatre Company, American Musical Theatre of San Jose, Shakespeare Santa Cruz, Beau Bonneau Casting, and Paramount Pictures. They have taught at Notre Dame de Namur, Santa Clara University, San Francisco Acting Academy, Academy of Art, San Jose State University, and Sonoma State University.
* International Modeling and Talent Association.
High Schools Competing
- Burlingame High School
- Carlmont High (Belmont)
- Clayton Valley High (Concord)
- Cupertino High
- Dublin High
- Everett Alvarez High School (Salinas)
- Irvington High (Fremont)
- James Logan High (Union City)
- Lowell High (SF) - 2015 Judges Sweepstakes Winner
- Marin School of the Arts - 2015 Festival Sweepstakes Winner
- Menlo-Atherton High (Atherton)
- Mission San Jose High (Fremont)
- Moreau Catholic High (Hayward)
- Mt. Eden High (Hayward)
- Nevada Union High (Grass Valley, in the Sierra Foothills)
- Nevada Union High Dance Academy (Grass Valley)
- Northgate High (Walnut Creek)
- Oakland School for the Arts - 2015 Tech Sweepstakes Winner
- Piedmont High
- San Benito High (Hollister)
- Santa Clara High School
- South San Francisco High
- Washington High (Fremont)
- Westmoor High (Daly City)
35 different competitions, from 19 categories
- Dramatic/Humorous One-Act Play
- Maxi Musical Theatre
- Mini Musical Theatre
- Contemporary Dramatic And Humorous Ensemble
- Classical Dramatic And Humorous Ensemble
- Men's & Women's Contemporary Dramatic Monologue
- Men's & Women's Contemporary Humorous Monologue
- Men's And Women's Classical Dramatic Monologue
- Men's And Women's Classical Humorous Monologue
- Original Performance Dramatic/Humorous
- Theatre Dance
- World Dance
- Scenic Design
- Costume Design
- Makeup Design-Fantasy
- Makeup Design-Horror
- Graphic Design
- Tech Olympics
The Festival has a dedicated staff in Admissions. Email questions, concerns, or problems to Tamara Cooper, Festival Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skip plugin info.
Like us on Facebook at Ohlone Theatre-Festival.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Microsoft Office or a Microsoft Office Viewer (free) is required to open files on this page marked "DOC", "XLS", or "PPT". Get the Microsoft Office Compability Pack (free) for older versions of MS Office (needed for files ending with .docx, .xlsx, .xlsm, .pptx, .ppts, and .pptm).