Ohlone College Broadcasting:
Film, TV & Video Classes
The Bay Area’s TV & Video Lab
Ohlone College has Film and Television classes that can prepare you for a career in the film industry or broadcast television.
Film and Video Production: Are you serious about getting into the film industry or working in video production? Let respected industry professionals who have worked for Pixar, Paramount, Universal, Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox teach you the skills you will need today to break into a very competitive field.
Beginning Film & Video Production. Students learn to shoot a short film through the process of cinematic story-telling, storyboarding, lighting, camerwork, crew positions, casting, building a crew and history of film.
- BRDC-150, Tuesday & Thursday, 2:00pm - 4:40pm - Sign up for BRDC-150 now
Beginning Video Editing for Film and Television. The basics of video editing using Final Cut Pro. Learn to edit short films, videos, news stories and commercials.
- BRDC-134, Tuesday & Thursday, 11:00am - 1:30pm - Sign up for BRDC-134 now
Advanced Video Editing. Students learn advanced techniques used in commercial film and video production.
- BRDC-135, Tuesday & Thursday, 11:00am - 1:30pm - Sign up for BRDC-135 now
- Lots of new shows mean lots of new jobs
- TV news people earn $40,000 to over $120,000 a year
- You only need an A.A. in some cases
Train on a Live TV News Broadcast. Learn to report, produce, write, shoot or edit for TV news. Work on a live TV newscast.
- BRDC-141 Live TV News, Monday - Wednesday, 6:30pm - 9:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-141 now
Learn TV Studio Skills at Ohlone. Train for a job behind the camera. Some jobs require only an A.A. degree. Direct, TD, run studio camera.
- BRDC-148 Studio Production, Monday - Wednesday, 6:30pm - 9:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-148 now
Train to Shoot Professional Video at Ohlone Broadcasting. TV news cameramen and women make $70,000 to $80,000 ayear. Class is taught by a professional news camerman for KTVU.
- BRDC-136 Digital Video, Monday & Wednesday, 10:30am - 1:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-136 now
Make Money on the Internet. Digital reporting teaches you how to make money shooting or writing for the Internet and selling to news organizations or news websites.
- BRDC-145 Internet Reporting, Monday & Wednesday, 1:30pm - 4:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-145 now
The Ohlone College Broadcasting Department offers hands-on classes in film production, film directing, film editing, AVID editing, Final Cut Pro editing, shooting video for TV, film production, video production and TV news production. We are The Bay Area's TV & Video Lab.
Ohlone College Broadcasting's film, TV, and video classes offer training that is essential to get the job you want in film, film editing, film production and TV production, including sitcoms, entertainment shows, documentary production or TV news.
Watch "Rocky Rivera's Trick Habit
DivisionSkip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Microsoft Windows Media Player (free; Windows) or Flip4Mac (free; Mac) or other browser plug-in/add-on that can play WMV files is required to play the Windows Media Video webcast, video, and/or audio files on this web page. Additional information.